Chapter 11: Potions Class-Hermione

Lunch ended and Hermione left with Harry and Ron at her heels. They begged her to tell them what had happened last night but she refused. They didn't need to know anything else that had happened between her and Snape.

They knew that they weren't going to get an answer from her, and they dropped the subject immediately. They walked into the dungeons and took their seats. Professor Snape sat at his desk fervently writting something down in a notebook.

"I really do appreciate what you boys did for me last night. You saved my life," she said kindly. Professor Snape looked up to the sound of her voice and then went back to his book. When the rest of the students arrived, he closed the book quickly and began to teach the class, all the while trying to avoid eye contact with Hermione.

Hermione took notes as usual trying to stay on task. It was nearly impossible for her, because her mind continued to drift to Romeo. She jumped in her seat when Professor Snape called on her to answer a question. She blushed and shook her head.

"I do not know, sir," she said. She looked down at her notes, and her eyes widened. Half of her notes were covered in doodles and other writing. All of it relating to Romeo.

Professor Snape approached her station and looked at her. "Maybe you should use your notes if you have been writing in them," he said. Hermione covered the paper with her arm and hand.

"I don't think the answer is in these notes, sir," she said nervously. Professor Snape looked down at her notes and slid the paper from her hands and examined her notes. He gave her back her notes.

"Ten points from Gryffindor for not paying attention, Miss Granger," he saod as he walked away. Hermione blushed and mumbled an apology. For the rest of class, Hermione paid attention and wrote her notes. They began a potion to remove boils.

Once again, Professor Snape walked amongst the classroom watching over people's shoulders. He stopped watching Hermione and slipped the note into her bag. He left without a word.

Class ended and Hermione hurried to Charms. Not even paying attention as her letter from Romeo fell from her bag and Malfoy picked it up. The grin on his face was sure to scare anyone that paid attention.