Chapter 7 ~ An Unexpected Help

I'd just like to thank LauraEdsss and Deadpool_Red for their help on this long chapter, thank you so much gurls haha

Tim managed to get a really short hour of sleep before he had to get up for school. He prepared himself, putting on his uniform very slowly as he started to feel once again the constant lack of sleep he was suffering from coming back to strike him once more. He counted in his head. It had been five days now that he hadn't had a complete night of sleep... He raked his hands in his hair and sighed. Swiftly, he grabbed his dark blue backpack and went downstairs. There, he was welcomed by the heartwarming smell of pancakes and bacon coming from the kitchen.

"Good morning, Master Tim," Alfred greeted him while he put a plate full of food on the table.

"Morning Alf'," the teen replied softly with a sleepy voice while he rubbed his eyes, sat on a chair and yawned for the third time since he was up.

"Don't you think it would be more reasonable to take a day off, young Master?" the old butler asked as he raised an eyebrow.

"Nope, I have too much to do today," he replied while he poured some liquid dark chocolate on his pancakes. "The little Demon is still asleep or what?" he asked after a little moment as he savored the taste of Alfred's amazing pancakes.

"*Tt* I'm unfortunately awake, which means that I have to take my breakfast with you," a voice suddenly erupted from behind him, causing the teen to jump slightly on his chair as he hadn't heard the boy walking inside the room.

"I can see you're still in your legendary good mood, Demon," Tim spat.

"I don't like those stupid sarcasms of yours, Drake," Damian snapped back as he sat on the chair opposite from the teen.

"You don't like anything anyway..." Tim muttered under his breath.

"I'm not deaf, Drake," Damian replied menacingly.

"Oh geez! Don't tell me you're already fighting!" a grumpy and upset voice suddenly barged in from behind Tim, causing him to jump on his chair again.

"Can't you all just stop scaring me please?" he asked with a desperate sigh and Jason ruffled his brother's long jet black hair playfully. The teen groaned in annoyance while the other man laughed lightly. "How is that even possible that you are already awake?" the teen asked when Jason walked away to take a cup of coffee.

"I have business to deal with. A gang to run, y'know, everyday stuff," he replied casually, earning a chuckle from the teen.

"So you're gonna settle down here, Todd?" Damian asked with a clearly annoyed tone.

"Just to annoy you, I'd like to say yes," the man began while he stared at the boy right in the eyes, "but I need to stay closer to the city."

"You're not going anywhere if your arm hasn't healed, Master Jason," Alfred suddenly declared.

"So I'm grounded?" the man quirked an eyebrow as he leaned his back against the kitchen's counter, a cup of hot coffee in his hand,s "I'm being kept against my own will, I should call the police."

"Do as you wish, young Master" Alfred replied with a little smirk and both Jason and Tim laughed in amusement while Damian snorted in annoyance. Jason sighed at his younger brother.

"You really need to learn the concept of 'having fun' Damian, it's an emergency," he sighed and his younger brother retorted

"Fuck y-"