Chapter 4 ~ Dinner

A chair flew through the room before it crashed into the opposite wall. "HE IS NOT DEAD?! HOW THE HELL IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?!"

"He survived the explosion sir..."

Black Mask yelled once again and smashed his hands against his wooden desk, leaving a clear trace of his fist against the material. He approached near the terrified young man and held his chin tightly "my order was simple, right? I said to kill him in any way you wanted, right?" the young man nodded frantically. "SO WHY IS HE STILL ALIVE?!"

"I don't know sir," the young man mumbled with a trembling tone but a fist quickly collided with his jaw half a second later and he fell harshly on the floor.

Black Mask sighed deeply and crouched next to the young henchman. With a surprisingly calm voice, the crime lord asked "You're the only one who survived, am I right?"

"Yes sir," the young man replied as he rubbed his jaw. The crime lord clenched his fists, resisting the urge to punch the man again. He had plans for him. He grabbed the young man's chin again and squeezed it as hard as he could.

"I want you to infiltrate his ranks, I want you to become his closest ally and then, when he will trust you with all his life, I will take care of him. I want you to tell me everything about this bastard, even what he had for lunch. Is that clear enough?!"

The teen thought for a second, but he saw Black Mask's fist beginning to shake with rage so he quickly accepted. The crime lord smirked and patted the young man's shoulder. "Good. Now GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE BEFORE I CHANGE MY MIND ON YOU!" The young man jumped on his feet and ran out of the room.

Once in the elevator, he sighed and ran a hand in his hair as he realized what he had to do "Holy shit..."

***

At exactly 8 o'clock, everybody was waiting in the dining room of the manor. Dick and Damian were sitting beside each other, Jason and Tim were sat opposite of them and Bruce was at the end of the table.

"Master Damian, take off your earphones please," Alfred said firmly. The young boy grunted but did as he was told. "I would like to stop telling you to do so at every dinner. It would be great if you could listen for once." Damian grimaced but said nothing.

"Why don't you eat with us for once Alf'?" Dick asked with a large grin. The old butler smiled back and brought the dishes at the table and then took a sit at Bruce's opposite.

"The whole family reunited, isn't that cute?" Jason muttered under his breath but Tim jabbed him in the ribs, "Ouch," the young man protested but his younger brother shot him a death glare.

"Have you finished your essay for tomorrow Tim?" Bruce asked as he took a piece of bread.

"Yup, it wasn't that hard."

"What was it about?" Dick asked.

"The French Revolution," the teen replied as he took a fork of his chicken.

"You do this in History?" Jason asked as he quirked an eyebrow.

"No, in French class."

"And you Damian, have you finished your homework?" Bruce asked his son.

"I finished them during class. It took me five minutes to finish what we were doing in Math while it took thirty to the others," the boy replied nonchalantly and Dick laughed lightly.

"Are we going to patrol tonight?" Tim asked Bruce.

"You and I yes, Damian you stay here. Dick, do you want to join us?"

"No, I have to get back to Blüdhaven right after diner. I have something to do tonight."

"Something to do or someone to see?" Jason asked with a smirk. Dick looked at him and cleared his throat as his cheeks turned into a slight pink color.

"That's none of your business Jay," the young man replied with a grin, causing Jason to chuckle.

"Why do I have to stay here Father?!" Damian suddenly erupted, "I'm more capable than Drake to patrol."

"It's not negotiable. Besides, Jason will stay with you."

"I don't need a sitter," the young boy snapped.

"And I'm not a baby-sitter" Jason added. Damian threw a death glare at his older brother while Tim was trying his best not to laugh and Dick sighed.

"Fath-" Damian started but Bruce cut him off with a single gesture of hand. The young boy growled with anger and he slammed his fist on the table.

"What are you going to do with this Black Mask, Master Jason?" Alfred asked to change the subject as he knew that Damian was about to explode in anger.

"I'm gonna kill him, simple as that," Jason replied nonchalantly as he took a sip out of the glass of water which was standing on the table. Bruce gave him a hard look but Jason chose to ignore him.

"I disapprove your methods Jason."

"I didn't ask you to approve them though."

"I didn't raised you-"

"He deals to kids, Bruce. Just for this he deserves to die," Jason snapped with a sudden angry tone in his voice. From the other side of the table, Alfred cleared his throat and a heavy silence full of tension fell in the room. Tim shifted uncomfortably on his chair. Jason was right, dealing to kids was monstrous, but killing someone for this... The teen knew that his older brother wasn't a bad guy, he was doing good things but with bad methods...

"Well," Dick said as he clasped his hands after a few minutes which seemed like hours, "have anyone investigated on the Poison Ivy's case?"

"She escaped again?" Jason asked as he took a spoon of the soup Alfred had prepared just for him because he knew that the young man wouldn't be able to move his right arm.

"Yes," Tim replied, "I worked on her case, but I didn't find anything concrete thought, only useless clues."

"She's trying to poison the whole world again?" Jason laughed.

"She can be as dangerous as Scarecrow, Jay..." Dick said with a sigh.

"I know, thank you," Jason snapped.

"Tim, are you done?" Bruce asked as he stood up, ignoring completely Dick and Jason.

"Yup" Tim said cheerfully as he jumped out of his chair and walked to the study room. As he was done too, Dick took his vest and put it on him as he was ready to get back to Blüdhaven and Damian went back into his room, followed by a happy Titus. 'This dog is always happy unlike his owner' Jason thought with a smile on his lips while he followed Dick outside the manor.

"When will you come back?" the young man asked his older brother while he was entering in his car.

"I don't know yet Jay, but I hope to be here on Friday at the latest," Dick replied with a bright smile and Jason nodded slightly, "take care of them, Jay, they need you more than you think." And with this, he closed his car's door and left.

"Take care of you too Dick," Jason murmured before he came back into the manor and closed the massive wooden door behind him. He was about to go in his room when he saw that Alfred was clearing the table on his own in the dining room. The young man walked into the room and took as many plates as he could with only his left arm.

"Leave this here Master Jason, I got it," the old butler said softly while he took a glass of water in his hand.

"Don't worry Alf', I may be injured but I can still help," Jason answered with a large grin. He walked into the kitchen and left the plates next to the dishwasher. He then puts all the dishes in it, struggling a bit as he could only use his left arm.

"It's good to have you here again, Jason," Alfred said as he placed a hand on Jason's shoulder, "the house is not the same without you, it never was."

What do you think guys? Let me know :)

Thanks for reading :)