Chapter 16 ~ Defending The Headquarters

"No Jason, you're not going there without us!" Dick declared firmly, his voice rising. Jason, who was already geared up and preparing himself to go, glared at him with piercing eyes. "You won't go alone this time!"

"Dick," Jason started, answering firmly as well, "I'm not supposed to be seen with any of you. I'm supposed to be protecting my henchmen from you! If they-"

"You won't go alone Jason, there's no way," Tim cut him off, staring at him. Jason thought for a second after which he sighed deeply.

"Ugh, okay but I swear that if anything happens to one of you, I will-"

"Shut up and gear up," Dick said with a sad smile as he knew perfectly well how bad the situation was. The four brothers rushed to the Batcave and started gearing up. Even Damian...

"You are not coming," Jason declared firmly when he saw Damian putting on his Robin suit.

"Shut up, Todd. I'm coming, whether you want it or not," the boy replied as he brutally pushed his brother away from his path. They all took their motorcycles and pulled out of the Batcave, making the tires squeal. While they were driving through Gotham's street, Nightwing contacted Oracle so she could give them information concerning the headquarters.

"Your men are having it hard, Hood. Black Mask's henchmen are outnumbering them but they are fighting bravely. I can see that the whole building is surrounded and-"

"Is Mask here or not?" Jason asked angrily. He had been driving faster than his brothers and had nearly reached his headquarters at that moment.

"I can't see him... But I won't make any conclusions yet," Oracle replied while she frantically looked through the CCTV.

"I will put a bullet in his head," Jason muttered to himself even though he knew the others could hear him, "where are you? You stopped to buy a sandwich or what?"

"We're doing our best to avoid any accidents," Tim replied calmly, rushing through the streets with his motorcycle, following Nightwing's while he had Robin on his heels, riding his own motorcycle as well.

When Red Hood finally reached his destination, it was a pure chaos. His men were fighting back bravely Black Mask's. He saw some corpses which had been either stabbed or shot. There was blood nearly everywhere coming from people from both sides. Hood gritted his teeth when he noticed that it was mostly his men who were lying dead on the floor. They had been caught by surprise so they obviously got damages and even Jason didn't see it coming... His headquarters were always guarded, but nearly all of Black Mask's men had attacked at the same time and, with a perfect synchronization, all sides of the place.

As soon as Hood arrived, he jumped into action. One man tried to attack him on the side but a violent smack on the jaw sent him flying in a pile of empty crates. Immediately, Hood got three other men on him. In a series of punches and kicks, he knocked them out cold in only a few seconds.

After a few minutes, Jason saw that his three brothers had finally arrived. He sighed deeply, knowing how bad it would be for his reputation as the leader of one of the most influential gang in the whole city that the other leaders knew he was in contact with the Bat's allies. Immediately, one of Hood's men asked him via a comm link what they were doing here.

"They are on our side for this time! Do not attack Nightwing, Robin or Red Robin, I repeat, do not attack them!" Hood nearly shouted on the comm link which was linked to all of his men's.

"But boss-"one tried.

"Don't discuss the orders!" Hood immediately snapped back angrily.

"Yes, sir."