Chapter Seventeen: Sometimes Our Monsters Win

Lily's P.O.V.

www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=17096...

"Chris look out!" Dean yells, raising his gun towards us. But it was too late. I let out a scream as the demon stabs Chris from behind, his blood splattering onto me before I catch him. He lets out strained gurgles as he slowly chokes on his own blood.

"Chris? Baby are you alright? I'm so sorry, this is all my fault!" I sob as I put pressure on his wound. He coughs, and places his hand on my cheek as tears pour down my face, mixing with his blood. I stare into his eyes as He lets out a sigh and goes limp. I tense up and look into his wide eyes and choke back my cries. I glance up towards the school and see Crowley beside the school, smirking.

"You promised you bastard!" I scream, standing up. Crowley looks scared for a second before disappearing. I look around, tears streaming down my face. "You promised he would be safe! You liar! You liar!" I scream. Everything begins to get cold, and everything becomes darker

"You promised..." I whisper, before collapsing onto the ground.

My eyes shot open, and I am frozen in my bed. My eyes dart around the room. The darkness seems darker somehow, oppressive. Was that a movement over by the door? Or just my imagination. Heart pounding, the dream replaying in my head, l still can't move.

"Chris" I whisper, pulling my knees to my chest, forcing myself not to cry. 'No, you will not cry. You have to stay strong. For him.' I throw my covers back and crawl out of bed, grabbing some clothes and toiletries before heading towards the shower. Turning the knob, I threw my clothes into the corner and jumped in. As soon as the first drop hit my skin, I closed my eyes and was thrown back into memories.

200_s

"Momma, momma! Look what I found!" I yell, my stubby legs dashing towards my mother, my hair flying wildly behind me.

"What is it Lily?" She asks as I come to a stop in front of her, cradling the small kitten in my arms.

"I found her by the gutter in a box" I say happily "Can we keep her? Please, oh please? I promise ill take care of her" I look up at my mom grinning from ear to ear. She looks down at the bundle of brown fur in my arms, a pathetic mew coming from the kitten.

"Well, she'll need something to drink, won't she?" She smiles softly before wrapping me in a hug. "You have such a kind heart little one, come on let's get inside and clean your new friend up." She releases me and we walk inside.

tumblr_mifz5wr5k21r8nw0po1_400

The memories became clearer and clearer, steam forming around me as I stood there, voices swirling around my head.

"Come here you!" Dad yells as he chases me. I squeal and run towards, Dean, and Sam. Suddenly, huge arms wrap around me and I am thrown into the air, Dad laughs loudly as he spins us around before setting me onto the ground.

"Aw! I want a turn." Dean pouts as Sam giggles. John runs towards Dean and Sam, grabbing them each with one arm and spins them around. Mom comes outside and laughs, setting down the glass of lemonade she smirks at me before running towards me. I scream and run around the yard hiding behind a tree.

"I wonder where little Lily could be?" She asks, a few yards away. I cover my mouth to keep the giggles from leaking out.

"She's over here!" Dean yells, pointing towards me from Dads arms.

"Dean! You turd!" I yell as Mom pulls me out from behind the tree, tickling me. Laughter fills the backyard as we spend the afternoon playing hide and seek, and begging Dad to throw us up into the air one more time.

tumblr_lhaep0pAJO1qzbeqno1_250

More and more memories of how it used to be begin to shove at my brain. My skin began to burn from the hot spray of droplets morphing into sharp little blades of fire. Yes, just the thought of my parents and my past adds another layer of protection around my heart. Every thought is becoming a battle, every little breath is a war. I turn off the water and get out, wrapping myself in a towel. My demons are catching up to me and I am slowly running out of places to hide.

I don't think I can win against them anymore.