Chapter Sixteen: Guardian Angel

Lily's P.O.V.

I groan loudly as I close the door behind and quickly take off my skirt, throwing it in a corner of the room. 'skirts are for losers.' I grab a beer and pop it open, before throwing myself onto the bed. "Why the hell is everyone out to get me?" I say aloud, glaring up at the discolored ceiling. My anger growing as water drips from the top right corner.

"Well...since you are asking, it's probably due to the fact that no normal human being can immobilize an angel as quickly and efficiently as you just did, love."

Balthazar-sebastian-roche-3479

A familiar accent fills my ears, and I quickly sit up and glare at Balthazar. Grabbing my knife from my boot I lunge towards him swiftly, only for him to disappear.

"What the hell?!" I grunt and look around for him.

"That's just great, attacking your guardian angel. You know what? That's just fine, I'll let you deal with your demonic friend and your deal with Crowley all by yourself." Balthazar grumbles as he stalks towards the door. My eyes widen and I rush forward to grab his collar and throwing him to the floor, straddling his chest and forcing the blade against his neck.

tumblr_inline_nm6rqgpsDS1rr5lz

"How do you know about Erebus?" I question threateningly. "How do you know about my deal with Crowley?!" Balthazar sighs dramatically before mumbling to himself.

Balthazar's P.O.V.

"Is that seriously all that you got out of that?" I mumble quietly as Lily gives me a death stare. Her face becomes glazed for a split-second and then she frowns, her lips pursing together and her eyes unblinking, at this moment, if her eyes were a weapon, the piercing look in then could have caused serious destruction. It was as if she was a lion and I just entered her territory and she is preparing for an attack. Leaning backwards, her eyebrows furrow in confusion. 'Ah, here we go. It is about to click.' I smirk as she removes the knife from my jugular and looks down at me in confusion.

"Wait, guardian angel?" She questions. I look at her smartly.

"Yes, Guardian angel you block! Now if you will please get off of me we can continue this conversation without any weapons."

Lily lets out a long sigh and stares at me, almost contemplating not stabbing me. "You swear, that you are speaking the truth?" she asks. I smile cheekily and nod. She removes herself from me and helps me up. "So...what's with the whole angel thing?" Lily asks as she grabs another beer and throws me one. I let out a snort and open the beverage, sitting on one of the chairs beside the bed.

"It is just as it sounds, love. I was assigned as your guardian angel once you were born. By the way, making that deal for the boy? That was a pretty stupid mistake." I say, swirling my beer around in the bottle. "And capturing my little brothers heart, even with you holding a knife against him? Wow! You are just on a roll!" I exclaim, jumping to my feet, looking towards Lily. Her hands were clenched, and her furious gaze was directed towards me.

"You're on a rocky road fuckface." She growls, crushing the beer bottle in her hands, its contents spilling all over the blue, already stained carpet. Sighing softly I set my beer down and grab her arm. "Let fucking go of me, you prick!" She exclaims, I roll my eyes and tug her towards me, forcing her to look at me.

"Shut up you baby, I'm sorry okay?" I mumble as I open the palm of her hand,

41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9qjd...

she winces as I begin to heal the cuts. "You're just not an easy client to keep track of. And of course I wasn't with you when you signed yourself off to that bastard Crowley."

Lily's P.O.V.

I look down at my healed hand and then at Balthazar who is sitting on one side of the bed. Frowning, I go over to him and sit beside him. "I'm sorry." I mumble, looking at him.

"What?"

"I-I'm sorry" I say louder, avoiding his gaze.

"I'm terribly sorry love, I can't seem to hear you." Balthazar chuckles as I punch him in the arm.

"I'm sorry for being a bitch, and for being a difficult person to watch over." I laugh. He smiles and pulls me into an awkward side hug.

"Eh, it could be worse. It has been quite an entertaining ride for me, what with all of the cursing out strangers, and turning my brother into a unicorn with his own blade." He teases. I grin up at him and then yawn. Balthazar stand up and picks me up, I let out a squeal as he throws me onto the bed. "Get some sleep love, I have things to do, ships to save." I raise my eyebrow and scoff turning to unplug my alarm clock.

"You know- and...you're gone." I grumble. "Stupid angels." The lights in the room flicker for a second and I sigh, turning off the bedside lamp, plunging me into darkness.

Like

Comment

Share