Chapter Fourteen: What Are You?

Lily's P.O.V.

I let out a sigh and ran a hand through my chaotic hair. 'What the hell am I doing with my life?' I wonder as I reach to knock on the motel room door. My hand stops centimeters from the chipping wood as my brother's gruff voices sound from inside.

"So that's where it all started..." Sam's voice sounds from inside

"She loved that boy, and he loved her..." Dean mumbles

"But who promised what?" My eyes widen as Sam digs deeper into my past. 'They can't find out" My body begins to shake. 'If they do, who knows what will happen.' My breathing gets heavier as I listen for Dean's response.

"I don't know..." I let out a sigh of relief and smile slightly

"But I do think we know someone who does" My face contorts onto a frown 'Fuck me sideways. Who could possibly kno-"

"Cas."

I push my fist to my mouth to keep from screaming in anger. Setting the bag down beside the door I run back into the parking lot.

"Son of a fucking- Ughhh!!" I say loudly, stomping my feet. "Cas?! Who the fuck is Cas?! Sounds like a fucking dick name! I swear to god when I get my hands on fucking Crowley I will shove my gun so far up his ass, he's gonna wish he was dead!" I say as I ball my fists in anger.

"Are you alright darling?" A man asks, his deep British accent filling my ears. I let out a sigh and turn towards him

"Yep peachy, what do you want?" I ask sassily, fixing my shirt.

"Well, you were in the middle of a parking lot...yelling profanity. You know what my self-preservation instincts are telling me to avoid conflict with you." He says. I sigh slightly and run a hand through my hair.

"I'm just having a conflicting day." I mumble. The man chuckles as he walks confidently up to me and puts out his hand

"I'm Balthazar, and who might you be, love?" Balthazar asks. I place my hand in his and begin to shake his hand but stop as the British man's lips meet the back of my hand.

"Lily." I state, pulling my hand back. "I better get going, it was nice to meet you Balthazar." I say, smiling as I walk back towards the motel room.

"We will be seeing more of each other sooner than you think Lily." Balthazar mumbles as he disappears.

I Sigh again and pick up the bag beside the motel room and pound on the door.

"Housekeeping!" I squeal in a high pitched voice. Before pounding on the door again.

"Hey! Bitch, some of us are trying to sleep here!" A woman yells from a couple doors down.

"Shut up." I snarl as Sam opens the door behind me.

"Lily what are you doing-"

"Shut don't go up." I growl loudly as Sam puts his arm around my waist softly and pulls me back

"Does shut the fuck go up, because I'm about to fuck you in the ass with my foot!" I yell reaching towards the bitch.

"Lily-Lily stop! What the hell are you doing! Dean!" Dean's frame blocks my view of the bitch as he lifts me up and carries me into our room, Sam apologizing behind us.

As the door shuts behind us, I set down the food and plop down onto one of the beds, screaming into a pillow.

"What the hell Lily? What is wrong with you?" Dean asks as he opens the bag of food on the table.

"The same things that's wrong with you, now tell me. What's wrong with you Dean?" I retort before getting up and grabbing my BLT

"I am assuming from the high levels of stress in the room, that this is a bad time." A voice sounds from a corner. Turning around I see a man dressed in a trench coat and tie. I focused on his blue eyes as they stared into my own. But it wasn't the blueness of his eyes that caught my attention, it was the two very large, black wings that extended from his back, although I couldn't see them up close, they looked very soft.

"I am Castiel, and angel of the lord. You must be Lily Winchester." His gravelly voice sent shudders throughout my body. 'Hot damn' I think to myself as I reach towards his left wing and brush my fingertips along one of the feathers. Castiel shudders and his eyes widen as he grabs my hand and looks down at me.

"I- I am so sorry...your wings-they were just, beautiful." I look down and back up a few steps towards my brothers.

"What the hell are you talking about Lily? You can see Cas's wings?" Dean asks, pie in hand. I look up and meet Cas's wide eyes and nod silently.

"You don't see them? They are huge....Sorry." I look towards Castiel and he nods towards me.

"No, we can't see them Lily." Sam says softly rubbing my shoulders soothingly.

"No Cas, What the hell is going on here? How can she see your wings?" Dean asks, stepping in front of me protectively. I scoff and shove Dean out of the way.

"I don't need your protecting, squirrel." Once again my eyes meet Castiel's and another shudder runs through my body.

"This is very unusual Dean. A human should not be able to see an Angel's wings. In fact, it's quite impossible." I feel my brother's eyes meet my back as mine become wide.

"So Ms. Winchester, if you're not human, what are you?"

Like

Comment

Share