Chapter One: You Haven't Changed at All

Lily’s POV

I groggily woke up to a scream down the hallway.

“Mommy?” I ask, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. As I glance around my bedroom, I notice my nightlight flickering, before going out completely. I shriek before pulling my covers over my head. Another cry comes from down the hallway, and lower the blanket slightly and look around my room. Seeing nothing, I climb out of bed and head down the hallway. The lights are flickering and I can see Sam’s door slightly open.

“Daddy?” I ask from the doorway, staring at his crumpled form. His eyes are set on something above us. I look toward the ceiling, and my eyes widen before I let out a screech.

“Mommy!” Her body was lying on the ceiling with blood pouring from her stomach. Her eyes meet mine as she takes her last breath before bursting into flame. I crouch down and rock back and forth staring at the floor. Everything around me becomes muffled. Daddy grabs Sam and runs out of the room. A chuckle comes from the corner off the room and I glance towards the intruder. A black silhouette stands in the corner. But what stands out the most is its yellow eyes staring at my shivering body. Daddy runs back into the room and picks me up.
“Mary!” he cries out, and I look up. The entire room is on fire, and mommy’s body is engulfed in flames.

“Mommy!” I scream, reaching for her as I am carried out of the room.

 I shoot up straight in bed, my long brown hair stick to my sweaty neck as I gasp for air. My eyes dart around the room frantically as I look for the flames and the yellow eyed man.

‘I can’t take much more of this.’ I think to myself as I pick up the pill bottle. Will I ever be able to sleep? I thought as I pour two pills into my hand. I sigh before looking at the clock. 4:47am

‘Damn.’ Putting the pills back into the bottle and closing the lid I get out of bead and head towards the kitchen. A cold draft comes from an open window in the living room.

‘Did I forget to close a window last night?’  I frown and close the window locking it. Suddenly a crash comes from the kitchen and I quickly back up to a dark corner of the room, quieting my breathing. A silhouette enters the living room.

“Stupid cup” he grumbles before turning towards the stairs.

“Wrong house to break into, buddy.” I say before delivering a fast and powerful roundhouse kick to his ribs, the man grunted in pain before tackling me to the ground. I acted fast, and through him off of me and stood up, popping my back. As he stood up I threw my hand as fast and as hard as I could straight to his nose.

“Fuck!” he yelled as a river of blood flowed from his nose. He spat out some blood before I threw him face-first into the ground and forced my knee between his shoulder blades. Pulling his arms behind his back, I leaned down to his face.

“Who are you?” I demanded.

“Easy, tiger, just here to see my sweet, baby sister.” A familiar voice replies.

‘Wait, I know that stupid, arrogant voice anywhere.’ I let out a relieved laugh before getting off of him.

“You’re a stupid ass, you know that?” I say as I flip the lights on. Dean’s bloody nose and stupid smirk is the first thing I see.

“Someone’s been practicing.” He says, getting off the ground.

“I swear to god Dean if you got blood on my new rug...” ignoring his comment I pull him into the kitchen and frown at the broken mug.

“You just had to break my shit, didn’t you?” I growl before looking for a broom.

“Actually, that was me.” A voice sounds from the dining room before Sam walks in carrying the broom. A grin stretches across my face before I run up and hug him.

“I thought you were at Stanford!” I exclaim happily

“Oh sure, I get attacked while he gets a hug.” Dean says sarcastically, taking a swig of beer.

“Maybe if you had knocked on the door like a normal person, INSTEAD OF CLIMBING THROUGH MY WINDOW! I wouldn’t have almost peed myself.” I smile sweetly towards Sam.

“Want some breakfast?” I ask. Sam smiles, before nodding.

“Ill clean this up.” He replies, pointing towards the broken shards of glass.

“So, how has hunting been?” I ask my brothers as I grab some eggs from the fridge and start a pot of coffee.

“Dad is missing.” Sam replies. I stop stirring the eggs.

“Dad is always missing, what’s your point?” I reply, before pouring the eggs into the skillet.

“Lily, you don’t understand. Dads been gone on a hunting trip and hasn’t been back yet. Hell, he hasn’t even called!” Dean shouts. I ignore him and put the scrambled eggs onto three plates. Dean grunts, before shoving me up against the wall.

“Don’t you even care?!” My face stays blank. Dean’s face contorts with fury before he drops me on my feet and storms out of the room. Sam sighs and walks over and pulls me into a hug.

“He’s been searching for weeks with no luck, and he just picked me up last night to help” He whispers “Dean’s just frustrated.”

“It’s fine, really.” I say, pouring coffee into a mug before handing it to Sam. “Will you take this to Dean? It’s black, like his soul.” I smirk, Sam chuckles before taking the mug to Dean.

‘Dad, Where are you?’ I frown, before continuing with breakfast.

Sam pulls Dean back into the kitchen as I finish setting the table.

“Sorry.” He murmurs before sitting next to Sam

“Its fine” I smile slightly before taking a sip of my coffee. “So…when do we leave?” I ask.

“What?” Dean raises his head, a surprised look upon his face. “We who?”

“Well, assuming that you came here for a reason, I’m going to have to join your stupid little adventure.” I reply slyly. Sam shakes his head, laughing.

“That’s our girl, you haven’t changed at all” Dean Laughs, his mouth full.

I grimace slightly. “Neither have you…”