Chapter Four: What Interview?

SYLVANIA BRIDGE

Once we reach the bridge, I jump out of the impala and lean over the railing to see the river.

"So this is where Constance took the swan dive." Dean says standing beside me. I glance at him and frown.

"So you think Dad would have been here?" I mumble. Sam looks over at my slumped form and turns toward Dean.

"Well, he's chasing the same story and we're chasing him." Dean replies once again looking down at me. I sigh and stand back up and pull my brothers further down the bridge.

"Okay, so now what?" Sam asks as he walks beside me

"Now we keep digging until we find him. Might take a while." Dean answers, pulling his jacket out of my tight grip. Suddenly Sam stops, almost pulling my to the road.

"What the fuck Sam?" I whine. Sam sends me an apologic glance before turning towards Dean.

"Dean, I told you, I've gotta get back by Monday-" Dean turns towards the two of us as I raise my eyebrow towards Sam.

"Wait, what happens on Monday?"

"Monday. Right. The interview." Dean states

"Yeah." Sam glares slightly

"What the hell is going on? What interview?" I ask Sam, pulling on his sleeve.

"Yeah, I forgot. You're really serious about this, aren't you? You think you're just going to become some lawyer? Marry your girl?" Dean smirks sarcastically.

"Maybe. Why not?"

"Youre going to be a lawyer?!" I screech "Why didnt you tell me? And Jessica knows about us? Cause i mean you can't really hide the fact that we hunt things that go...bump...in the...night?" I finish and back away from Sam' haunting glare. Sam steps closer towards me before Dean pushes me back stepping in front of me.

"No, and she's not ever going to know." Sam's glare becomes colder if even possible.

"Well, that's healthy. You can pretend all you want, Sammy. But sooner or later you're going to have to face up to who you really are." Dean says before pulling me with him and walking away. Sam sighs before following us.

"And who's that?" Sam asks

"You're one of us." Dean replies. Sams thunderous footsteps rush in front of us and he stops in front of Dean

"No. I'm not like you two. This is not going to be my life." He states

"But Sam, we have a responsibility to-" Sam cuts me off.

"To Dad? And his crusade? If it weren't for pictures I wouldn't even know what Mom looks like. And what difference would it make? Even if we do find the thing that killed her, Mom's gone. And she isn't coming back." Angry tears begin to fill my eyes and I shove Sam backwards against the railing of the bridge.

"Don't talk about her like that!" I yell as the tears begin to run down my cheeks. Dean pulls me away from Sam and points towards Constance standing at the edge of the bridge.

"Sam, Lily." Sam comes and stands next to the two of us. Constance looks over at us, then steps forward off the edge.

"No!" I yell and dash towards the railing where the woman once stood.

"Where'd she go?" Dean asks

"I don't know." I reply.

Behind us, the Impala's engine starts and its headlights come on. The three of us turn towards the bright headlights of the impala.

"What the-" Dean yells

"Who's driving your car?" Sam asks.

Dean pulls the keys out of his pocket and jingles them. Sam glances at them. And my eyes widen. The car jerks into motion, heading straight for us. We turn and run in the opposite direction

" Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit" I screach as I push Dean in front of me

"Dean? Lily? Go! Go!" Sam yells from behind us. The car is moving faster than we are, and my legs begin to burn; when it gets too close, we dive over the railing. I let out a scream before the muddy waters pull me under.