Chapter 59: We Deserve

4 Chapters left. Warning in Advance, please don't kill me.
********

"Louis."

The boy watches the man's large hand sprawls out against his own stomach, Harry clutching his lower abdomen, eyes widened.

The man falls to his knees and stares down at the ground, taking a deep breath when he sees the red is not a figment of his imagination. The boy comes undone above him, tears streaming down his face, wiping the residue of dried blood under his nostrils.

"-What the fuck!"

"Y-Your face, I-Im dead."

Harry pokes at the new hole in Louis shoe and begins to pull the red cloth out of the tip, the boy shaking his head, body shaking with the amount of laughter.

"These are the only shoes they allow at work. T-They don't fit, so I have to put socks at the top to fill the empty space."

"Louis, you fucken scared me! I thought I had shot your foot!"

"What a funny story that would have been."

The man pulls the red sock out of the hole and stares up at Louis, his back slowly sliding down the wall, hands covering his face. He sits on the floor in front of the man, knees tucked into his chest, and Harry allows himself to sit back as well, turning towards the door when the banging occurs a second time.

"What the hell was that?! Styles, open the door!"

Lillian screams across the wood and the man sighs, throwing the sock on the carpet.

"Keep Amelie Away, Lillian."

"What did you do?! Louis!?"

"I'm fine mum. I'm fine."

"What is going on in there?"

"We're fixing our problems, Lillian, please go!"

The man exclaims a little bit harsher and directs his attention back to Louis, the boy holding his temples.

"If I hear screaming again, I'm breaking this door down, Styles."

"Alright Alright. Just give us some space, please."

The man extends on leg and kicks the door, growing impatient.

Louis stares out into his old bedroom and feels choked up at the designs on the wall, a mixture of Amelie's drawings, he presumes, and Harry's. The differences are apparent, one side filled with unicorns and castles while the other spots roses and daggers, the skills which were used also, giving it away.

He glances back at Harry and the man is already staring coldly at him back. They both sit in contemplation while they let their gazes wonder at each other's faces, reflecting on everything that once was. Harry's menacing cast upon the boy softens first, bringing a hand up to his cheekbone and letting his thumb graze upon the violet colored skin. Louis' eyes squint and a hushed hiss slips from his lips, feeling the throb his bruises exert.

"I'm sorry I ruined your face."

Louis shifts away slightly, preventing the touch and nods softly.

"It's okay, I-I understand what I did, I deserved it."

"Don't make excuses for me. Regardless of what you did, I should have never laid a hand upon you. I should have known better, especially with what you went through with Zay-"

"No, don't do that. Belittle my punishment for consequential actions just because of my past. You were right, it was my fault. If we're sitting here, under our circumstances, it's because I allowed it. I chose to leave. I chose to be with Zayn. I chose to bring my daughter into this world. I chose to scheme with Eleanor. I chose to fall in love with you. I let this happen, this suffering. I chose it. Why should you apologize for my misery when I was the one who allowed it?"