Chapter 23: Day Four

Theres only one update! Chapter 23!
******

"No. You tell me."

The man sits at the edge of the bed while he massages the boys feet, who's eyes are focused on Harry more than the TV.

"I-I don't k-know. Whatever y-you want."

The boys hands begin to tremble and the man looks at him in horror, not believing the way Louis is reacting.

"Why are you crying, It's just a simple question. What do you want to eat."

The boy moves his feet away from the man and brings his knees up to his chest, hugging himself while Harry stands confused. Louis begins to cry and the man doesn't know what exactly to do.

"Wait, do you want to eat?"

The boy nods his head and Harry grows even more lost.

"Then what's the problem?"

"What i-if you don't want to e-eat the same thing. Y-you choose."

"If I don't, I can just buy food from another store. It's not a big deal babe, don't cry just because we might not agree."

****

"Well he's stabilizing better than before. You were bleeding before because the amount of stress you had going on in you, try minimizing that because although you didn't loose your baby, doesn't mean in the future you won't."

Louis looked up as the same woman who had healed Harry when he had gotten shot, tried to cure him, much to his misfortune.

"And you."

She turned towards the man staring at her every movement and glared at him.

"Don't fucking take out his IV Lines. There in him for a damn reason and don't get on the bed either. We have cameras here don't forget that, and I don't care how much you might miss him, he's in here because he needs to rest, not make more babies. Do I make myself clear?"

Harry nodded and glanced back over Louis, flinching every time the second nurse reconnected the needles to his body.

Louis locked his gaze with the man for a few seconds before looking away, the man getting a strange vibe from him, but not enough to question it.

****

He walked down the hallway with two take out bags of nachos, Louis claiming to crave food he rarely seemed to it. The man nodded at his guards and they opened the doors to the infirmary, throat burning when he could see Louis sitting down in bed and Zayn on the one next to him, shirtless, the band still wrapped around his body.

The men both turned to look at him and he resisted giving them a piece of his internal mind, which was yelling at him that this wasn't okay.

"Hey Zayn. What are you doing here?"

The man moved by Louis bed and had an excuse to block off the mans view of him, standing with bags of food.

"Stacy said she would check on my wound today, thinks I'm ready to take this shit off."

"Oh. That's nice. Where is she?"

"I think she's out back getting the supplies ready just in case I need more stitches."

The man nods, accepting the circumstances and turns back to the boy, who's staring behind him. He doesn't mean to glare at Louis, but he does, not appreciating the boy staring at another man shirtless. He regrets immediately when Louis begins to tremble, eyes watering.

"S-Sorry."

"No, don't do that. I'm not tell you anything."

The boy sniffles and nods, looking at his lap and refusing to ever raise his head again. He waits until the man places food in front of him and begins to eat rather rapidly, the man realizing Louis hadn't ate in about two days.

He fears something will go wrong and tries to stop Louis from eating, not wanting him to choke.

"Hey, slow down."

The boy drops his fork at the sound and nods, swallowing the lump of food he still had in his throat. He begins to tremble and before the man knows it, he's crying.

"I-Im sorry. I'll try not to g-get fat."

"Louis, what's the matter?"

The man turns around as Zayn speaks behind him, Harry secretly wanting him to leave. Louis doesn't respond, moving the food off of his lap.

"You're not seriously doing this, Styles? Leave the poor boy alone."

"What the hell are you on about, I haven't done anything."

"Why does he look afraid then, every time you speak. You would think after the condition he's in, you would stop treating him the way you did before. Commands and submission and just.... ruthless."

"Shut the fuck up Malik, as if you're any better. You don't know anything about this because you have no one."

Harry drops his bag of food on the drawer next to the bed and takes one step towards Zayn, sick and tired of playing games.

"I'm sorry, but you're clearly in the wrong position to be saying that considering if Liam is ever around me, he has the hugest smile on his face because that's where he wants to be. What about you Harry? Why does Louis look like he wants to cry every time he's around you? You don't treat a person the way, YOU do. You think we don't all hear it when you scream at Louis in the office? When you lock him in there and then when he finally comes out, you almost burn him with your eyes if he even dares to spark a conversation with another human being or even look their way? The way he can't even be out of your sight for a single damn second because if he is, oh boy, you just let hell loose. What are you afraid of? You accuse him of so much you're making me believe there's something you did, and that's why you're so paranoid."

"You wouldn't understand, so shut your mouth before I shut it for you. You've had your fair share of fights with Liam."

"Yeah, but I love Liam. You don't hurt the person you love."

The man smiled and on cue, the nurse came in with her rolling table of instruments. Zayn laid back on the bed and Harry turned back to the bed where Louis laid, watching calmly as the boy seemed to have fallen asleep, but there was tears still rolling down his cheeks.

****
"You can't just leave?!"

"What do you mean you're leaving."

"All of this shit is for you!"

"Is this your discrete way of saying you're afraid?!?"

"Stop being such a coward!"

The man stared at his men cold in the lab, all yelling at him things as he made his final decision, wanting to kill about half of them.

"Let me fucking finish, its just for two days. I need to make my husband out for a mini vacation so hell relax the fuck out. He's been under some stress lately and I know you've all been gossiping like little bitchess so I know you know, he almost died two days ago. I'll be back a day before so we can prepare for whatever is coming. Malik here is going to commence gun practice and I want you all to alternate on who's out shooting and who's in here monitoring any movement. I don't want no fucking interruptions while I'm gone. I don't want any of you bullshitting either while I'm away, because I will know if you're taking this seriously. If by the time I get back, you're not able to shoot a perfect headshot at stage 5, Its going to be me who makes a target out of you. Do I make myself fucking clear?"