Chapter 3: Double Sided

The boy taps his feet on the tiled floor repeatedly, the woman sitting in the corner on the wooden chair with a frown on her face. She watches as Louis just stares at the white wall in front of him, dark rims under his eyes and skin lacking slightly his natural glow.

"What even did you do, to end up here boy?"

Cynthia asks quietly and Louis doesn't turn to look at her, but appreciates the woman for coming during visit hours.

"Does it even matter? I said it a million times and no one....believes me."

Louis arms are wrapped around his body in the constraining jacket and the woman feels a little pity, not thinking she would ever visit the boy in a mental institution, labeled depressed and insane.

"Louis, talk to me."

"They can hear you."

Louis whispers and slightly glances at the woman, but looks back immediately.

The woman begins to look around the room and spots why the boy won't move, a camera, not so efficiently disguised, monitoring the boy and her as well. She becomes infuriated with the comment earlier, that they would be in complete privacy, and clearly, that's not the case.

She proceeds instead to move closer to the boy, sitting next to him on his bed so he can resume speaking, hearing him better. Louis looks away from the wall and into her eyes, only for mere seconds before looking back.

He's quiet for a couple of seconds but eventually breaks, the woman just watching as Louis doesn't move a slight inch, but tears are rolling down his cheeks, his teeth gritting against each other.

"They locked me up because my mom told them I tried to kill my daughter."

The woman eyebrows furrow and grips tightly to her thigh, getting worked up.

"You did what!"

"You don't believe me either."

Louis rested his head against the wall and the woman regretted her tone, shaking her head.

"I'm sorry Louis, I do."

The boy closed his eyes and began to shake as he sobbed, biting his lip really hard to keep it from worsening.

"I-I'm not crazy. Yet here I am, locked up for insanity. I deserve this, don't I? For what I did to Harry?"

"No, don't think that way boy. Don't worry, I'll see if I can pull some strings."

"Please. Please, help me get out from here. I need to escape. I Need to leave this place. They're trying to kill me and they think I don't know but I do, I do."

Louis whole body now faced the woman and she stood up from where the boy sat, a loud buzzing sounding in the room and two men coming through the door, the boy shaking his head.

"Please don't leave me here! They're trying to brain wash me! I didn't try and kill my daughter! I wasn't trying to harm her!!"

"Mam we need you to leave."

"He has right to visitation hours, I refuse such request!"

"The patient is under much distress."

"I'm not Cynthia! That's what they want you think! I am aware of what I am , I'm Louis, I have a daughter, her name is Amelie, and I wasn't gonna kill her!"

The men pushed the woman aside and tightened Louis jacket, the boy beginning to yell as he felt more trapped, throwing himself to the floor, kicking.

"IM NOT CRAZY. I JUST DIDN'T WANT HER. I WASN'T GONNA KILL HER. IM NOT CRAZY IM ....NOT.... CRAZY I'm not... crazy"

The woman just watched in horror as Louis was injected three times with whatever substance was in the needles, and slowly loosing consciousness, whispering small things that were big things.