Chapter 16

Recap...

"I can never hate you." I say so quietly that I think that he hasn't even heard me. I see him nod so slowly that I if I wasn't looking at him, I wouldn't have noticed this at all.

I get up and check up on my pastries and see that they are almost done. I get out the plates and cutlery and am about to set the table when Hamza grabs the plates, and tells me that he'll set the plates, while I can do the cutlery.

By the time we are finished setting the table, Uncle Nasir, Auntie Lubna, mom, and dad come to the dining table. We both serve our dishes and sit down. Mom and Auntie Lubna sit together again like they did at breakfast, and I have no choice but to sit right next to Hamza.

Everyone told us that the food was perfect and tasted so nice. I even complimented Hamza on his pasta because surprisingly it tasted so good and I wished that he made this everyday.

When he heard me compliment him, he smiled and looked down at his plate but the small blush on his face didn't go unnoticed by me. I guess he saw that I saw him blush because he complimented me next and when I blushed even darker than he did, he smirked and went on with eating his food.

Mom and Auntie Lubna told us that they would clean up everything and that we could go upstairs. I went to my room and read Isha Namaz fully and read some more Quran. I saw that it was almost 11 o'clock and decided it was time for me to change my clothes and go to sleep.

I changed quickly and went to lay on my bed. After around 10 minutes of thinking how the day went, I decided to read Surah Mulk, the 4 Quls (Surah Falaq, Surah Naas, Surah Kaafiroon, and Surah Ikhlas), Iman-e-Mufassal, Iman-e-Mujammal, Aaital Qursi, and the Dua before going to bed.

Allah (swt) has promised us that if we read Surah Mulk at night, we won't receive the torment of the grave; that is how merciful He is. After a couple of minutes of rethinking how the day went and of Allah (swt)'s mercy, I fall asleep.

Chapter 16

As I come home from school, I see Asma (my sister), and say Assalam O Alaikom to her. I then go up to her and hug her. Well... I try to at least. Her pregnancy is showing more and I can see that her skin is glowing.

"Your huge." I tell her and she smacks me.

"Hey." I whine to her.

"When your like this one day, I'll say the same thing to you." She says and I glare at her.

"How come you're here." I ask her.

"You don't want me here." She says frowning and I see that she looks like she's about to cry.

"No Asma I love you; I always want you here."

"These pregnancy hormones are seriously getting to me." She says and we sit down on the couch. I give her a sympathetic smile as I make a fruit salad.

"Do you want some?" I ask her and she nods yes.

"You honestly look so good." I tell her.

"Let's just say Ibrahim is Subhan Allah, so perfect." She says and I smile at her. Her and Ibrahim are one of the cutest couples ever.

"Speaking of Ibrahim, where is he?"

"He's upstairs. He took the day off so we can stay here for the day."

I hand her some of the fruit salad in a bowl to her and she carefully takes a bite.

"Layla this is amazing."