Chapter 25

*IF YOU GUYS HAVEN'T READ YOUR SALAH YET, THEN REMEMBER THAT THIS BOOK IS NOT IMPORTANT AT ALL COMPARED TO YOUR SALAH*

Recap...

A couple of hours later, the flight attendant came and was about to hand me my food, but I told her that I didn't feeling like eating. I mean, how can I eat when I feel like my insides are being squeezed to the point of me feeling like crying.

"Why aren't you eating?" Hamza asks.

"I'm not feeling like it." I tell him, and I'm not lying; it is half the truth. He gets up and comes back with a sandwich in his hand.

"You need to eat." He says sternly, and hands me the sandwich. I nod and start taking slow bites of it. It oddly does taste good. But as soon as I think that, I grab the barf bag because it all comes back out. The amount of times that I have been humiliated in front of him now has reached an incredibly large number, much to my discontent.

He hands me a washcloth and I wipe my mouth clean. He goes to the overhead and takes out his bag. He takes out something that sounds like medicine. I look over and see that he has Advil with him. He gives me an unopened water bottle and an Advil tablet. I look at him cautiously.

"Layla take it." He says, and I know that he knows that I have my period. I groan and decide that I should take his advice since it is after all, one of knowledge. I place the tablet in my mouth and drink some of the water.

"Jaza Kallah Khair." I tell him.

"Wa iyakum." He says sincerely.

The rest of the airplane ride was very tiring but passed by faster than I thought it would. Once I got home, I threw myself on my bed and fell into a deep asleep.

--

CHAPTER 25

Beep. Beep. Beep. I hear my alarm and get up. I feel so exhausted and tired because of all the drama that's going to start once I step foot into the school. I go take a shower and change into black harem pants (with leggings underneath), a forest green shirt that reaches my knees, a dark grey cardigan, and a black floral print scarf.

I go downstairs and see that everyone is already down except for Hamza. I decide to grab two crepes that are filled with Nutella, and pour myself some Arabic tea in my cup. As I start to eat, Hamza comes downstairs. He says Assalam O Alaikom to everyone and goes to sit on his seat.

As soon as I am finished, I put my dishes in the sink and wash them.

"Allah Fiz Baba and Ummi." I tell my mom and dad, and give them both a kiss on the cheek. I say Allah Fiz to Uncle Nasir, Auntie Lubna, and Hamza as well.

I run upstairs, grab my park, and don't even have to wait a minute at the front before Saafiya and Umme come.

"Assalam O Alaikom guys." I tell both of them.

"Wa Alaikom Assalam." Saafiya and Umme both say to me.

"So how was your vacation with Hamza?" Saafiya asks me.

"Well you can say I embarrassed myself in countless ways." I say with a fake smile.

"Give us all the details girl. We need juicy information." Umme says.

"Um no. I won't guys." I say jokingly but truthfully, it's because I want to keep it all to myself.

"Aww. Layla likes Hamza. Layla likes Hamza." Saafiya says in a singsong voice, like a little girl.