Chapter 30

*IF YOU GUYS HAVEN'T READ YOUR SALAH YET, THEN REMEMBER THAT THIS BOOK IS NOT IMPORTANT AT ALL COMPARED TO YOUR SALAH* 

Remember to...

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SHARE!!!!

Recap...

I grab baby Mariam and as soon as she's in my arms, she starts giggling.

"And now she stops crying." Asma says sarcastically, shaking her head, making Mariam giggle even more.

"If only I can take Laila home with me today." Asma says jokingly.

While I looked after Mariam, Asma cooks with the others. The whole time Mariam is with me, she is cooing and smiling.

Everyone finishes cooking in around 40 minutes, and when I taste the food, it is extremely really good. The chicken and Gnocchi soup is very filling and creamy, even though I almost overcooked it. After we are done the soup, we have the apple pie with vanilla ice cream. I never had the combo before but it honestly tastes so good.

After dinner, Asma and Ibrahim leave, and I go upstairs to read some Quran and calm down my anxiety.

"So what's going on?" Mom says quietly as she walks in.

"I'm just kind of stressed out." I say honestly.

"Keep your trust in Allah swt and in us; you'll be fine. We won't marry you off to someone that we don't believe loves you, and is good enough for you." Mom says and kisses me on the forehead.

"Go to sleep. It's getting kind of late." She says and I nod.

CHAPTER 30

I watch as they pack, and take their bags and place them outside the house. Some part of me aches, but then I realize that they are just moving one block away from our house.

"Zaman, you and your family have been a great help to us. Allah swt couldn't have granted us better friends." Uncle Nasir says and gives dad what is well known as a man hug.

Mom and Auntie Lubna also say their goodbyes, so that leaves Hamza and I.

"I'll miss bothering you Hamza." I say with a sad smile.

"I'll see you tonight." He says with a mischievous smile, and I nod. Today might be the last time that I see Hamza. Even though we got into the same university, the campus is huge, and we might not have the same classes.

I watch them load their stuff onto both Hamza's, and Uncle Nasir's car. We wave goodbye to them, as they take off.

I go upstairs and change into my pink floral maxi dress that has sequins on the top and on the cuffs. I put on a black chiffon scarf, and wear the graduation gown. I then go downstairs and grab a granola bar since I'm a bit hungry. Mom and dad come downstairs a second later, and we head off to the banquet.

My parents sit in their designated area, and I go find Umme and Saafiya.

"Can you believe it guys? We're graduating!" Saafiya says and both Umme and I laugh in agreement.

"Plus you're getting married in a week!" I say out in excitement.

"I'm so excited!" Umme says, and has a smile on her face like I've never seen  before.

"Class of 2017! Line up in the formation please!" One of the teacher's yells out to us. 

It takes a while, but we are in the formation in ten minutes. Could you blame us for taking so long? We are graduating!