[17]

"Welcome home!"

As soon as I walked into the front door of my home, I was met with the guys and my mom smiling happily at me.

"Hey ma," I said, letting a smile appear on my own face. She ran up to me and gently wrapped her arms around me.

"Ooh, I'm so glad you're okay... you had me worried you little punk."

"Yeah, yeah. Sorry about that..."

We continued to hug for just a few more seconds before she let go and pressed her hands against my cheeks.
"Look at how handsome you keep getting!" She exclaimed.

Slightly embarrassed, I try to real ease myself from her hands.
"Mom, stop..."

She laughed that laugh that sounded so much like mine before turning to Ever that had stood beside me during the whole ordeal.
"Don't you agree Ever?"

She laughed and gave a nod.
"I do, I do."

"Since when have you two been so buddy-buddy?" I asked as I lo9k between the two of them.

"Oh man," Aleks said as he walked up to us. He threw his arm over my shoulder and looked at my mom and Ever.
"The way they talk to each other, you'd think they're childhood friends or something."

"Ah, well," Ever said basbfully, "James' mom remind so much of James himself so I found it pretty easy to get along with her."

"And anyone that's willing to go through all of this for my son is on my good side."
They smiled at each other and laughed in unison.

I truly can't tell if this is something I should be happy about or terrified of...

I let out a sigh as I thought this.

"What are you sighing for?!" Ever yelled as she worriedly grabbed onto my arm.

"I'm suddenly very tired," I said under my breath.

"Then c'mon," said Jordan, who'd been quiet up until now. "Come sit in the couch."

He walked up to me and grabbed onto my arm. Walking was easy and painless besides small moments of the occasional discomfort but having help made life easier on me.

I plopped down onto the couch with Jordan's assistance and let out a satisfied groan.

"Are you hungry James?" Asked my mom as she walked over to me and placed her hand atop my head.

"Yeah, just a little bit. Ever said she'd cook for us though."

"Yep! I was just about to head out actually to get everything I need," she said with a smile.

My mom's face lit up even more at this.
"Ah, awesome! James tells me about how good your cooking is all the time!"

Ever laughed and I blushed.

"I'm glad he speaks so highly of me."

"Of course! Maybe we can have a girls night and I can tell you more about what he's said," mom said with a wink.

"Ooookaaay," Aleks said as he walked past Ever, grabbing her by the wrist.
It was a little gesture, but it truly bothered me. The fact that he was able to do it so easily and that she didn't seem to mind really irked me.
I really wish he wouldn't touch her...

"We're going to go get the groceries. You two catch up and what not. C'mon Jordan."

"Okay... I'll see you guys later," I said as calmly I could.