[6]

"So James. I've been thinking."
"...About what?"
"About us being friends."
"That statement is arguable."

Ever shot me an angry look as we both sat on the couch.
"C'mon James. At least humor me for a second," she said with puffed cheeks.

I sighed exasperatedly as I turned my face toward her.
"Fine. Since you believe that we are friends, I'll ask you what's on your mind."

"I just wanted you to show me some of your videos."

"Why?

"Well, the only thing I really know about you is that you play games for a living. I kinda wanna see how it looks."

I sighed.
"Does it have to be now?"

She nodded multiple times, leaving me with no room for a refusal.

"Fine," I said as I got up. "Follow me."

We headed up the stairs and into my room. As soon as we entered the room, Ever let out a small gasp.
"Wow, your room is much cleaner than I thought it'd be..."

"Did you think I was a sloppy person?" I asked as I sat at my computer. Ever walked over and leaned over my desk as she looked at the desktop.

"This is a pretty cool setup. Two monitors and everything."

I said nothing in return as I looked for a video to show her.
"Hmm... I just uploaded this yesterday. It's a game called Garry's Mod."

When the video began playing, Ever seriously began watching the screen.
"Oh, so it's not just you playing?"
She said as she heard other voices along with mine.

"No. For this game it's usually some other gamers named ImmortalHD, Kootra, and Goldenblackhawk. Or Aleks, Jordan, and Kevin. We've been playing together for awhile now."

After my short explanation of the game and how 'murder' worked, she continued to watch the video. I watched her with anticipation hoping that she'd enjoy the video.
That would be a pretty huge blow to my confidence as a gamer if she didn't laugh...

Much to my relief, Ever ended up laughing at most of the video and when it was over she looked at me.
"Never in a million years would I have thought you actually had a funny bone in you James. You're friends are pretty funny too."

"Um... t-thanks I guess..." I said, feeling slightly embarrassed.

"Mhmm. So what's your name?"

"James."

"You know what I meant."

"...Uberhaxornova."

"Hmm... that suits you."

"You think everything suits me."

Ever laughed as she stood up and went over to my bed. She hopped on it and laid her head on my pillow.

"Excuse me...! What the hell do you think you're doing?" I asked as I turned around in my chair.

"I haven't taken my after meal nap. Let me use your bed," she said as she shut her eyes

"Go downstairs where you always take your stupid naps!"

"Jaaaaaames!"

"Go. Down. Stairs."

She frowned at my forceful tone as she hugged onto my pillow.
"...I just wanted to talk to you some more James..."

I opened my mouth to respond but all that came out was dry groan. I turned back to look at my screen.
"Just take over my whole damn house why don't you..."