[15]

"I should do some cleaning..."

      I plopped down on the couch with a water in hand, ignoring my own suggestion. Ein joined me as well.
   I'm too tired...

  I turned on the tv and flipped through the channels.
   "Why isn't there anything good on, girl?" I asked out loud.

   I glanced at my watch to see that it'd was two in the afternoon.
   "That's why..."

I sighed and continued to channel-surf.
   I wonder if Ever would leave work early... I'm bored...

   It'd been just a little over a week since my fiasco with Ever and the amount of time it took for us to get back to normal was pretty short. The first couple of days were a bit awkward with the whole we wanted to watch what we said around each other, but after that, everything went back to normal.

  Midway through my thoughts, my phone began vibrating in my pocket. As I pulled it out and looked at the caller ID, oddly enough it was the person I was just thinking about.

   "Hello?" I said as I answered the phone.

  "Oh good! You're up!" Ever said happily into the phone.

   "What do you want?" I asked, curious as to why she was calling me instead of texting me or tweeting me.

   "Can't you just say hi?!" she groaned before continued.
   "Anyways, I was just calling to see if you were up. I left early but didn't want to wake you with my knocking if you were sleep."

  "How kind of you," I said sarcastically although a grin of happiness played on my face.
   "But yeah, I'm up. What time are you coming over?"

  "I'll be over in a bit. I've got to get dog food for Lando then I'll be over."

   "Alright. I'll be here cleaning."

   "Okie dokie! I'll see ya then. Bye-bye."

I hung up the phone and let out a sigh.
"Looks like I will start cleaning then..."

*

    "Alright, I've picked up your toys..."
  I put all of Ein's toys that had been scattered around the house in a bin in my room. I looked over at Ein who was sitting on my bed watching me.
   "You enjoy watching me having to pick up your shit, huh? That's why I'm getting the vacuum you little punk."

     I walked out of my room with Ein on my heels. When I reached the stairs, I suddenly remembered that I hadn't left the vacuum downstairs but in the guest room.
    "Right... because you tore up some paper in there," I said as I looked down at Ein.

    I sighed as I turned back around my heels. But where I thought my foot was stable on the top step wasn't there and I started to fall backwards. My hand frantically reached for the railing of the stairs but to no avail; my back had already hit the steps. In that moment, it felt like my falling was in slow motion. I felt all contact my back made with the stairs but I couldn't do anything to stop it.
    Of course, I was scared. There's always that person that dies by falling down their stairs you hear about on the news and I always had the habit of thinking 'how dumb do you have to be to fall down the stairs?'. But now I was that dummy falling down the stairs.
    Not to mention... Ever. I'd hate for her to find my dead body or something. I know how much she tends to overreact about things...

      When I reached the end of the stairs though, I was painfully aware of how alive I still was. The new excruciating pain in my back was what was reminding me of that.