[2]

"What should we do today, my sweet Ein?"
I held my four legged practical daughter in my arms as I sat up in bed. It had been a few days since my run-in with my new neighbor and I hadn't been outside since. I could tell that the mailman was started to get upset with having to stuff mail into the mailbox and I sent a mental thank you everyday for putting up with it.

I laid back in my pillow with Ein still on my chest.
"It's Sunday so I'm not really worried about uploading or recording a video today..."
I brought my wrist up to my face and looked at the time.
It's kinda early but I could use a drink...

I wrapped my arms around Ein again and threw my legs over the side of my bed.
"Let's go Ein," I said as I stood up.

Without turning on any lights, I lazily strolled out of my room and down the stairs to the kitchen. Ein jumped out of my arms and immediately went to her food and water bowls.
"You better not play in that damn water," I said as I went to the refrigerator. When I looked in the fridge, I noticed something.
Dammit... I'm running low on food and I know that my ramen stash is running low. I could always get more ramen delivered but I can't live on that... I guess it's that time again...
I sighed as I grabbed a beer and shut the door of the fridge. I headed for the living room and plopped down on the couch. I turned the TV on and searched through the channels.
"...Why is it that Naked and Afraid is the only thing on...?"
I sighed and put down the remote and picked up the my beer. I used my shirt to open my beer and took a sip.
I sat there for awhile after that letting my drink loosen me up and watched people risk their lives while being naked. Every now and then a 'fucking idiot' would escape my lips, making myself laugh.
"Do you think I'd survive on this show, Ein?"
Ein, who had eventually finished her food and to came sit next to me couch, looked at me a tilted her head.
"I think I could, yeah? I know a little bit about this shit."
I lifted my bottle up to my lips but was filled with only the disappointment of an empty beer bottle. I let out a sigh.
"Looks like that's that. I'll make something to eat."
I got up and went back the kitchen, preparing to make myself something.
"I think I've got some stuff to make a sandwich..."
As assumed, I did and I started to make my sandwich.

Suddenly, I heard Ein barking in the living room. It wasn't anything unusual seeing that she'd occasionally bark at a variety of small animals that would pass by the house but after she wouldn't stop is when I started to get curious. After finishing making my sandwich, I went back into the living room.
"What is it Ein?" I asked as I walked to the window where she was. I pulled down one of the blinds expecting to see maybe a cat or another dog but was met with something more unpleasant.
"What the hell is that girl doing in my yard...?" I asked myself with furrowed brows.
It was the girl from yesterday and she stood on the walkway to my house. She was holding something in her hands as she looked up at the house. She turned around once as if she was going to walk away but instantly turned back around. Her mouth was moving and her face was hard.
"Is she... a crazy person?" I whispered.
I watched her a few more minuets as she repeated the process before she eventually took in a deep, resolved breath.
Please don't let that mean what I think it means... stop walking up here please... No, no, nooo... SHE'S WALKING UP THE STEPS.

Ding Dong~

My eyes shot over to the door who had just had its bell rung. Once again, my body was paralyzed by the fear of having the stupid girl at my door.
I stared at the door in silence praying that she'd just give up and walk away and go back to where she belonged: nowhere near me.
Pleaaase, just go away...
My silent pleads were ignored though when she rang the doorbell again.
"You haven't left your house in three days so I know you're in there!"

What the fuuuuck...

I steadily and carefully made my way over to the door, pressing my ear to it.
"I-I-I t-told you to l-leave me alone..."

She seemed happy to recurve response.
"Yeah, but it really seemed like I scared you and I felt bad about it. So, I made you some cupcakes as an apology. "

So that's what that was... but still, I don't care. I just want you gone.
"J-just leave them there, okay?"

"Actually... I was thinking that we maybe eat them together...?"

"Absolutely not."

"Wa-wait!" She frantically yelled. "I just want to get to know someone in the neighborhood that's not a mom or a dad or-"

"I don't care."

"Please, just do this one thin-"

"Look," I said as calmly as I could. "...you should just go home, okay? You're wasting you time and your breath... speaking with me will get you no kind of accomplishment so... just go home."

We stood on either side of door in silence aft that. After awhile, I heard her put down the box.
"Alright, I'll go home. I'll even leave these cupcakes here despite you not deserving them. But listen here; I'll be back. Every. Single. Day. Until you open up that door."

"...Why...?" I asked, genuinely confused.

I could hear her chuckle.
"I guess I just hate losing."

-

A\N
Short and dumb chapter but I hope someone is enjoying this story ;-;
M.R.