[3]

"Eiiin? Where are youuu? It's time to eat!"

I walked out of the kitchen and to the living to see Ein looking out of the window whilst whining. I exhaled deeply at seeing this knowing that it could only mean one thing.
It's been almost two weeks...
I walked over to where Ein was and saw the girl walking up my walkway. I closed my eyes and sighed, not having any kind energy to deal with her.
Every single day for the past week and a half she'd come over to my house and ring my doorbell, trying to get me to open the door. She'd stay from 5 to 10 minuets most days, trying to get me to speak to her. At first all I'd do was awkwardly tell her to go away and that she's wasting her time but it eventually became her just talking through the door.

Ding dong~

I dragged myself over to the door miserably and roughly placed my head on it.

"Oh good, you're there."
She said.
"What do you waaaaant?" I whined.
"Actually, I've got a question for you today. I was wondering how you liked my cupcakes from the other day?"
"They were fine..."
That was a slight lie. After she left, I surely did grab those cupcakes. I was a little hesitant about them considering they came from my lunatic neighbor but as soon as I ate one I started on the next one and the next and the next one until they were gone. I hated to admit but they were the most delicious cupcakes I had ever had.

"Just fine...?"
I could hear the pout in her voice.
"I used a new recipe too..."
I groaned loudly as she began speaking to herself.
"Now will you go home...?"
"Oh, no, no. I've got nothing good to do today so I'll stay out here for awhile. Annnnnd I've got another question."
"What is it?"
"What's your name?"
I absentmindedly looked down at the floor and thought about her question.
It's not like I have a problem with telling her my name but if I do, she may keep on coming here... on the other hand she's already come here everyday on her own accord so maybe telling her wouldn't change anything...
I swallowed hard.
"J-James... my name is James."

"Oh! James? Really? I would've thought differently."

"L-like what?"

"Chip. I would've expected your name to be Chip."
We both went quiet at her possible joke.
"I-I'm only kidding. I actually think James fits you nicely."

"Yeah... what's your name?"
Even I was a bit surprised by my sudden interest in the girl, but it was inevitable after her coming here every single day.

She shyly laughed, contradicting from her ecstatic personality.
"O-oh, my name's kinda stupid, ya' know? You'll just make fun of me."

"...I don't care enough to come up with a insult for your name."

"But you care enough to know my name?"

"...I'm curious..."

She chuckled and gave in.
"It's a start. But, my name is Ever. E-v-e-r."

Ever? That's not a name, it's a word.
"O-okay..."

"Yep! It's nice to meet you James! Now that we know each other, open the doooor!"
She whined.
"It's hot out here, Jaaaames. Open the dooooor."

I sighed, finally feeling like something in me was finally giving up.
Maybe I should just open the door... she's not asking to come in so I won't have to worry about that... and she's been pretty dedicated about coming here...

I sighed and banged my head against the door, not exactly knowing how to deal with this situation.
Just do it James...

As if having a mind of its own, my hand reached out for the lock of the door and unlocked it. It then shakily made its way to the door knob. Gripping it tightly, I slowly turned it and opened the door slightly. I took in one more deep breath before opening it more, revealing just enough of my face for her to see.
She looked astonished by what was happening as she stared wide-eyed at me who was trying my hardest not look her in the eyes. I felt heat rise to my cheeks and I coughed to ease the tension.
"I-I'm sorry if I'm a disappointment but if you continue to stare I'm going to close the door..."

She quickly objected the idea with a wave of her hands.
"N-no! I just wasn't expecting it!"
She giggled happily. "I'm just totally happy that you finally opened the door."

I looked up at her as she said this and it was certain that she wore a huge grin on her face. When she noticed my gaze, she happily looked me in the eyes making me look away in a hurry.
"...Well, now that you've gotten what you wanted, go home."

She laughed triumphantly while placing her hands on her hips which frightened me.
"It's true that I overcame this obstacle but I initially came over here to eat with you and get to know you so that's what I'll do."
"Then you'll leave me alone...?"
She shrugged her shoulders.
"There's no promising anything."
I sighed.
"Then, if you come over tomorrow... w-we could eat together. D-don't think we'll eat anything special 'cause I'm almost out of groceries."

Her face lit up even more making it look like she would just explode with happiness.
"Oh, thank you so much! And you don't worry about cooking, I'll just make something here!"
She giddily nodded her head as if answer herself for me.

"F-fine... I don't care..."
She clasped her hands together excitedly.
"Good! Well, I'm going to go home and think of something I can make, okay? I'm looking forward to it!"

I sighed and quickly shut the door, not being able to handle her anymore. She truly did drain me of my energy and that made me dread the next day.
What am I going to do...?

-

Alright, so I've cleaned up some of Ein's toys and treats...

I had just put Ein's toys that she'd play with in the living room in my room in attempt to make the house look as neat as possible. Rarely doing anything that required mess enabled my home to be constantly clean so I didn't have to worry so much that. The only thing I was dreading was myself.
"Why did I even suggest that she come over... aren't I supposed to hate people...?"

I sighed and sat down on the couch, waiting for the girl named Ever to come over. We hadn't set a time but assuming she'd come around the time she came every other day, I started getting ready early.

"I wonder what she'll make... I probably should've told her I'm allergic to crab..."
I sighed as I laid my head back on the couch. Considering how exhausted I felt, my eyes began to flutter as they slowly closed.
My attempt at a short nap was quickly shot down though when the doorbell rang over and over again.
Here we go...
I got up from the couch and walked over to the door, mentally preparing myself for this encounter.
"Stop ringing the damn doorbell, I'm comin'."
I unlocked door and opened it, revealing the ever so excited girl.

"Hello!"
She raised her arms and showed me the bags of groceries she held in her hands. I stared at her with furrowed brows.

"Why is there so much...?" I asked.
She pouted.
"You could say hi... but you said yesterday you were running out of groceries so I took the liberty of buying a lot."

I stared at her as she spoke, not feeling amused in any kind of way. Under my gaze, she shifted uncomfortably but tried to hide it by cracking a smile.

"Can I come in?" She politely asked.

Without answering, I moved out of the way.

"Thanks."
She walked in behind me and took off her shoes at the door. Ein, who rarely ever had seen people come into the house, dashed over to Ever. To my surprise, Ever's eyes lit up as she nearly dropped the bags.

"Ah! Look at this little thing!" She shouted as she crouched down for Ein. Ein happily stood there waiting for her to pet her and Ever was happy to oblige.
"Oh, you're just the cutest little thing in the world, yes you are! And look at those stubs for legs! My dog's paw is as big as your tiny leg!"
I watched as she happily continued to pet Ein.
Okay, I'm hungry...

"The kitchen's this way," I said.

She nodded and gave Ein a few more pats before standing up. I could tell their interaction shot her mood up significantly as she lightly skipped over to me and nodded.
"I'm soooo excited! We're going to have a great time James! And you're gonna love what I'm making."
She giggled as we walked to the kitchen.
I sighed.
"Let's just get this over with."

-

A\N

I hope you guys are enjoying this :^)

M.R