[8]

Oh shit... she may have really fucked up my back...

I groaned as my hand reached for my back that was severely aching as I laid in bed.
"If this what having friends does to you, I think Ever will have to be my only friend."

"Can you just come back to the computer? We're bored."

"Yeah, and when does Ever come over? You owe us for leaving us hanging last time."

I sighed as Kevin and Aleks griped at me over Skype. Jordan just started laughing.
"You guys are brutal. We all know James' back is screwed up so give him a break."

It was just like him to be so fatherly and in this moment, I was extremely grateful for it.

"Fine you little baby. At least answer my question," Aleks said forcefully.

"Well damn Aleks, I don't know the exact fucking time she's coming over. If you really wanna meet her, be patient."

He groaned.

"So," Kevin chimed in, "how's the whole friendship thing developing."

I wrapped my arms around my pillow and buried my face in it, ignoring Aleks' comment.
"It's going fine... I guess? I can't tell since she's the first irl friend I've had in a loooong time. But, despite how annoying she is, I really enjoy hanging out with her."

All three of them giggle like a group of teen girls.

"I don't even think you enjoy hanging out with us and that just over Skype," Jordan said jokingly.

"I'm an introvert that hates contact with too many people and leaving my house; not completely heartless."

"You're damn near it."

"Shut the hell up Aleksandr."

"You're right actually. Your heart only beats for Ever."

Jordan laughed once more.
"I don't know James. Maybe Aleks is right? Didn't you say you left the front door open for her and even left a note on the door."

"James, you're literally asking for a murderer to walk into your home," Kevin added.

"Well, yeah. My back's killing me and I don't feel like getting up to answer the door. And shut up Kevin."

"Yes, but you'd usually just tell her to go home," Jordan continued.

"Aww, what's wrong with poor baby? Would you miss your new friend if she didn't show up?" Aleks teased.

"...Would it be a problem if I did?"
I said as I propped my chin on my hand.

The room went silent before they all let out an 'oh' in unison.

"Don't make it seem like anything that it isn't. I'm just used to her is all being over here is all."

"Yeah, but still-"

"Oh hey, James... I think you're girlfriend just followed me," Aleks said, cutting off Jordan.

"For starters, she's not my girlfriend. Secondly-"

"Oooh she followed me too," Jordan said.

"Same," Kevin added.

"What the hell? That's impossible. She wouldn't follow you idiots without following me first," I said as I grabbed my phone.
"You've probably got the wrong person. What's the user."

"Nevernotever."

"...I swear she makes no sense."
When I entered the username, the profile to popped up.
"Nevernotever... 'Ever Ash. 23, chef, and mommy of a Saint Bernard named Lando'... well, I didn't know any of that but that's definitely her..."
I said as I enlarged the profile pic.
"James... I swear to god..."
Aleks said.