[11]

"This is it... the place I've been spending most of my time at..."

Ever opens the doors to the work in progress that is her restaurant. Even though it's not even close to being done, it's got a cozy feel to it. It's got a small, open. It suited her very well.
I watched her as she pranced around and examined her restaurant happily.
"Hm... I wonder if they can make the doorway bigger..."
She whispered to herself.

"Hey, what's the name of the place?"
I asked.

"Lando's!" She exclaimed.

"Lando's...? Like your dog?"

She nodded.
"It was the only thing I could come up with," she said with a chuckle.

A few more minuets passed that were filled with her making sure everything was alright.
"Alrighty, I'm just gonna check some things in the back real quick. Will you be okay?" She asked me as I looked around. I nodded and she gave me a thumbs up.
"Mk. I'll be back in a sec."

She disappeared into the back which gave me time to look at things even though it was just framework and some wiring with a few walls up.
I wonder when all of this will be done... I wonder where our... friendship will be by then. I wonder if anything will have changed between us... and if it does, I wonder how it will have changed? Being me, I know I'll probably fuck something up in some way and it'll push her away... that's how it always was. That's why I ended up living the way I am. I guess for now, I can only pray and try my hardest to prevent that.

My hand grazed a piece of wood as my thoughts took over. I didn't even hear the door open and close.

"Hellooo? Ever?"

A voice-a female voice- resonated in the room all of a sudden, and it wasn't Ever's
Fuck...! I thought she said it was only going to be us!
As I heard the footsteps of this mysterious person sound out through the building, my heart began beating faster and faster.

"Shit...!" I whispered to myself. I tried to find someplace to hide but there wasn't even any kind of furniture. I was stuck.

"Okie dokie James! Things look good in the back!"

As soon as Ever entered the room I was in, the mystery woman did so as well and boy, I wasn't ready to see who it was.

Her eyes widened like a deer that's being approached by headlights. Her curly, long hair bounced as she suddenly stopped in her tracks.

"J-James...?"
She said.

"Stefani..."

"Oh, hey Stef! I didn't know you were coming in today!"
Ever, oblivious to what was happening to both of us, ran up to Stefani.

"O-oh, hey. What's up?"
Stefani said with a forced smile.

"Just checking things out with James. I've told you about him, right?"
Ever asked.

"Yeah... but I never expected it was him you were talking about..."
Stefani said as she looked over at me.

Ever cocked her head to the side.
"Do you... know him?" She asked.
She looked between Stefani and I with confusion painted on her face.

I sighed as scratched my cheek and she did the same.

"You see... James and I went to the same highschool..." Stefani awkwardly said. She then looked at me as if she wanted me to finish the statement. I bucked at her and she did the same back. After a glare-off, I ended up giving in.