Faded Memories, Pancakes at Last, and Seeping Warmth

Chapter 13; Faded Memories, Pancakes at Last, and Seeping Warmth

Thank you to everyone who has been reading MRSR! I am going to start dedicating the chapters to the best/nicest/funniest/most creative commenter on the previous chapter of this story, because I really love you guys!

So remember to leave a comment, you might get a chapter dedicated to you! (:

And sorry for the late update :/ serious writer's block you guys. 

This chapter is dedicated to kimmy_tommo for not only liking the story but sharing it with her friends! Thank you<3

and yes, this chapter is pretty much full on conversation the whole time. sorry not sorry

_________

I blinked a few times, but even from one quick glance, I knew where we were immediately.

The soft glow emitting from the large surrounding windows, the sound of muffled music beating against the doors and the smell of sweetness wafting from the building, where we were was unmistakable.

I had been here before; many, many years ago.

Though I had almost totally forgotten about this place; faded childhood memories, I still remembered a few things. I didn't even have to look above the large glass doors to see the sign that I knew would hang there, the one that read "Emelia's Diner."

And as the realization of where we were began to actually sink in, the corners of my mouth started to tilt upwards and I turned towards Drew. He was smiling too, and we hovered on the sidewalk in front of the opening.

"How did you know?" I asked, saying the first thing that came to my mind again. My eyes flickered around to examine his expression, "How did you know to take me here?"

"What do you mean?" He asked, pushing his fingers into his pockets and looking down at me.

I could feel my cheeks flushing immediately.

Of course he would have no idea; he brought me here entirely by random.

"Oh, it's just- I kind of loved it here." I said, turning back towards the doors. The hum from the music inside made me want to sway. "When I was little, anyway." I added.

"Really?" Drew sounded surprised, but also kind of relieved.

"Of course." I nodded, still smiling. "You've never been here before?"

"Of course I've been here before,' he joked, copying me. "I'm the one taking you, aren't I?" And then he ran up to the door, grabbing the handle tightly and yanking it open, gesturing towards the inside. "Ladies first." he said, and I quickly walked up to him and then inside.

As I looked around the diner, it was like I had gone back in time. It hadn't changed even the slightest since I had been here all those years and years ago.

Sleek black tables were scattered around, with the exception of the booths near the windows, and a multitude of silver chairs accompanied them along with the condiments and salt shakers.

The walls were a deep red shade, with different sorts of memorabilia covering every corner. There were generations of picture frames, signed autographs, drawings, anything you could possibly think of. And the floors were white as pearl, shining perfectly just like always.

Then there was the front counter, which had two cash registers at each end and a ginormous chalk board mounted behind it, filled with scrawled handwriting of the menu's meals. The diner for some reason gingerly reminded me of the record store, just a version with food and a lot more of a crowd.