Craved Feelings, Much Needed Advice, and The Walk Over

Chapter 12; Craved Feelings, Much Needed Advice, and The Walk Over

EVERYONE, CHECK OUT THE NEW CHARACTER BANNERS FOR THIS STORY! I'LL PUT THE LINKS IN THE COMMENTS BELOW! 

Alright, thanks for bearing with me! I seriously am sorry for the late update everyone! I wanted to get this just right. And to make up for the extra few days, LONG / longer / longisher than the other chapters CHAPTER! Anyway, thanks for getting MRSR up to over 7500 reads! I can't tell you all how much I appreciate it!

chapter dedicated to Shady234 for my amazing new cover

___________

-DREW'S POINT OF VIEW-

As soon as the sentence left my lips, the atmosphere in the room changed almost instantly.

Hailey, standing in front of me silently, was searching for words. Her hands fell softly to her sides.

It was like, we were both treading on new territory, this possibility of actual friendship that we hadn't considered before. It was strange, but new. And to be honest, I didn't mind it. Even though I had only asked her to dinner because I felt like I owed her for that night, for me, it seemed like some kind of proof that maybe I didn't hate her as much as I originally thought. I didn't even anticipate asking her to go anywhere with me, it just kind of slipped out before my mind could catch up with me. But now, I couldn't decide whether or not I was regretting it or happy that I did it.

I mean, I wanted to hate her. I really did.

First of all, she nearly hit me with her car, and then screamed at me for it. And then she scored a job at the one place I decided to work at, which she never let me live down by the way.

And then, she was frustrating and complicated and ridiculous, all at once.

But, she also cared. I could tell that she cared, even just the slightest bit, even if she didn't know she did. I could tell by the way she looked at me when she saw me walk though the door, by how worried she was. And I didn't really know what it meant.

All I knew was that I craved that kind of feeling. Where someone actually cared.

But, I had to remind myself, Hailey hadn't even given me an answer yet.

Instead, she was just standing in front of me, still silent, and by the way her eyes darted around and the way her lips were parted, I could tell what she was doing.

She was examining me. She was searching for some kind of hint of a smirk that played off that I was joking, or maybe even some kind of hint of something else, as she pried apart her memories for any sign of my motive.

But she couldn't find any, so instead, she gave up.

"What?" she finally decided on, straightening her posture and crossing her arms. She had been silent for too long, and now her cheeks started to blossom underneath her green eyes in embarrassment.

I wanted to sound genuine, because in reality I really did feel like I owed her, but it also felt as if I was walking on glass.

One step too far, one wrong word, and we would go back to hating each other. I know I was being dramatic, but I hadn't really had any friends since-

the accident.

I shivered. I hated that kind of categorization. Everyone else called it an "accident," everyone else said "Oh Drew, it wasn't your fault, it was just, bad times."

But what the hell did bad times mean anyway? And it's not like it hid what they really felt, because I knew. I knew they hated me, I could see it every time I looked at them.