Chapter 5 Arise

A storm was brewing above the palace. It was rather odd even for the Sentient Plane for this time of year but Ozrick Arunsune shrugged it off looking over a peculiar knife. Vladimir McDonough was laying in the garden with birds from different realms resting on his body.

Gidget Cogsworth walked into Ozrick's chamber and smiled, "Hey Ozrick what are you up to?" she asked. Ozrick looked at the filly and smiled, "I'm just learning more about Vladimir's knife. It's quite interesting, it's abilities are beyond anything I've ever seen. It's indestructible and from what I can tell it can possibly kill any living thing in one strike," he said.

Gidget looked at the blade and shivered, "That sounds horrible..." she said. Ozrick shrugged, "It's just from my point of view," he said. Gidget looked up and eyed the sky, "Aren't you worried about the storm?" she asked. Ozrick shook his head, "I'm sure it's either Kisashi or Elustar just giving the Sentient Plane a refreshing dose of stormy weather," he said.

A bolt of violet lightning struck close to the palace and Ozrick turned towards the thunder, "Or you may be right," he said. More lightning struck around the Palace and Vladimir awoke from his nap scaring away the birds, "What's going on?" he asked.

Ozrick tossed him his knife, "Someone obviously has the gall to storm the Sentient Palace," he said grabbing his blades. Thyme had just walked through the portal from Equestria and heard the thunder, "Thyme seal the portal's!" Ozrick yelled. Thyme didn't question him and hit the seals on the portals, "Whatever's coming won't be able to open the portals unless I willing open them," she said.

Ozrick nodded and Vlad looked to him, "What should I do?" Vlad asked. Ozrick chuckled softly, "This isn't your fight. Run and hide with the girls. If anything happens escape through the portal in my workshop. That's your best chance of survival," he said. Vlad glared at Ozrick but nodded, "Fine," he said grabbing Gidget and running towards the other end of the palace.

Lightning struck the dome above the palace shattering the ceiling and down came some cloaked men and a woman with dark armor and a large black and red lined spear, "Where is the portal watcher?" she asked. Ozrick smiled, "First might I get to know the lovely rose I am about to engage against?" he said.

The men pulled their cloaks off and drew forth their swords, "You have no choice in the matter," she said. Ozrick stabbed his blade glacier into the ground and ice golems appeared around him, "Now the odds have been evened," he said smiling.

The girl snarled and lunged at Ozrick as the men, or Exion from what Ozrick could tell, fought the golems. The woman slashed across with her spear hard but Ozrick easily deflected her attack and kicked her back as he came up sending forth a wave of dark matter from his other sword Phantom.

The woman absorbed the dark matter and a dark energy bow appeared in her hands ready to fire. The golems had easily dispatched the Exion but had fallen apart by the time they tried to help their master. The woman fired her bow in rapid succession but Ozrick slapped his wrist watch and a large shield appeared and blocked the arrows.

The woman's eyes burned with a hot anger but not at Ozrick. Ozrick could see the pain in the woman's expression and clicked a button on the shield forcing it to send out a massive wall of light. The arrows were powerless against the oncoming wall and the woman was forced to roll to the side.

The woman turned to fire again from an angle but Ozrick had disappeared. A light chill ran up her spine and she turned to see the collector staring at her smiling, "Miss me?" he asked smiling. The woman paled, "I know who you are. You're Tank Shield. A hero from another continent from my realm. Nightshade has been very worried," he said.

The woman sniveled and her face contorted in rage, "That is no longer my name! I am Alyra Shade!" she yelled as she pumped a massive amount into her bow sending. Ozrick frowned and looked down as the arrow was let go of, "Crap," he said. The arrow exploded between the two of them. Alyra was sent back into a pillar while Ozrick was sent flying through several walls falling under a great amount of debris.