Chapter 12 Sacrifice

Alyra stalked the Everfree forest listening to the change of the tone around her. The magic she felt within the forest was crazy strong. In a patch Alyra found a wonderful lake. She couldn't believe her eyes... The beauty... The magic that flowed through this very spot sent chills down her spine. For a second Alyra could almost feel relaxed but a bolt of dark matter shook through her body reminding her of her prison... She hoped this would soon be over.... In the distance Alyra could hear a sweet melodic tune from down the stream. Alyras eyes turned pitch black as she headed down the stream.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Melodies cottage was in full bloom at this time and Silver String couldn't help but revel in the garden's beauty. The scent of the flowers relaxed his mind. All thought about the past and the current events of Night Glade were nearly gone from his mind. However, the past and the pain always found a way through. Poor Scarlet was a wreck... Melody and Noel were both finding their own way through the loss. Thunder Wing was now by Scarlets side back in The Crystal Empire. Twinblade was off on some errands for the princesses.

Silver sighed and looked the cottage home where Melody and Noel both practiced the singing magic they learned from Star Bright, "I guess it's time for me to get back to my duties as well," he said. Silver went to the cottage and bid the happy duo farewell and disappeared back into the Everfree to his house of gadgets.

Alyra came to a clearing and saw the beautiful cottage. The melodic tune the ponies created disoriented Alyras vision. She growled low and ducked into the forest once more. A fight for a later time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nighttime soon arrived and the two heroes sat out in the garden relaxing in the moonlight. Noel looked to Melody and smiled, "Things are going to better. I know it," he said softly. Melody turned to the yellow pony and smiled. Noel sighed and turned his gaze towards the sky. The stars were brighter than they usually were. Thank Princess Luna for that, Noel thought.

"N-noel... Do you think Night Glade's alright? I mean... Do you think he's happy where he's at?" Melody asked. Noel frowned and he stood to look at the mare. Her eyes were glazed over with a starry glow.

The stallion sighed softly, "If there's something I've learned from being around Nightshade and Glade... It's that you've always have to hold on. Glade's definitely alright. I just know it," he said kissing her softly. Melodies eyes widened and a tear escaped her gaze as she found herself kissing him back.

"Now isn't that sweet," A shrill voice called. Noel pulled back and turned to see Alyra in the meadow. Alyras eyes swirled with negative energy. Noel felt her gaze bore into his soul, "I waited all day for the two of you to take a break! That foul music! It was horrifying!" she screeched.

Noel smiled, "You must be the one who killed Glade... I have to say I'm rather honored to have finally met you... Because now I get the honor of taking you to The Sentients. You're going to pay for what you've done," he said.

Alyra rolled her eyes, "Save me the petty hero talk," she said slashing her spear through the air. Noel smiled and hummed a mellow tune throwing up a magical barrier that rebounded her attack. Alyra dodged to the side and glared at Noel.

Melody stood her eyes blazing like the morning sun, "This is for our friend!" she yelled as she started to sing a dark tune. Alyras eyes widened as magical darts started firing at her! It was just like the training she had with Nightshade. Alyra dodged each dart easily and sent out another wave of dark matter at the ponies.