Chapter 4 A Monsters Power

Nightwalker looked around the castle and the body of the King he had slain. The Onimak realm still had many undiscovered locations and he had just so happened to have found a kingdom far to the east of the main continent Nightshade's allies had restored.

This kingdom was small but it was obvious it wasn't well fortified. Nightwalker had slain all of the castle's inhabitants except The Princess. She wasn't any threat and Nightwalker needed a chip to gamble. The monster was bored and just lazed about on the throne he had claimed.

Nightwalker had issued an idol threat to the town claiming if anybody sent help to other lands he would destroy them. The town had been mistreated and brutally broken when he had arrived and no one dared oppose him. The Princess whimpered and moaned above chained up to the chandelier, "Let me down!" she squeaked.

Nightwalker laughed, "Not on your life," he said irritated. The Princess continued to whine. A figure walked into the throne room with a spear held tightly, "Be gone from these lands!" the figure yelled. Nightwalker stood and looked to the warrior, "It looks like I might actually have some entertainment," he said.

The warrior charged Nightwalker and swung her spear at him. Nightwalker easily dodged the attack and kneed the warrior in the gut causing them to drop to their knees. Night-walker removed the warrior's helmet to reveal a redheaded woman with sapphire blue eyes, "A woman?!" he yelled back handing her across the room.

The woman coughed up blood and rose to her feet holding her side, "My name is Tank Shield! I am here to defeat you!" she yelled. Nightwalker smirked, "I'm sorry my dear but I will not fight you. You're not worthy enough to fight me," he said snapping his fingers. A portal opened below Tank sending her to the entrance gate to her town.

Nightwalker sighed and let the princess down, "I'm tired of your whining!" he yelled causing the castle to shake violently. The Princess fell to the floor, "Stop that! If you do that again the whole castle will fall apart!" she yelled.

Nightwalker rolled his eyes, "As if I care. If that happened then I'd just destroy the town," he said. The Princess puffed out her chest angrily but sighed and headed towards the gates. Nightwalker turned and caused a dark matter barrier to block her path, "You're not free from my imprisonment. Go to your tower," he commanded.

The Princess stuck out her tongue and ran to her tower. Nightwalker waited and watched from afar as she entered her tower. With a wave of his hand her tower was surrounded by another barrier so she could not leave the room and no one could enter, "Now I can rest in peace," he said laying in the throne.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tank was resting against the towns wall unable to move, her injuries from Nightwalker's mere blow taking its toll on her. She noticed several men and women enter town with crates and trunks. Tank raised an eyebrow and saw a man covered by a midnight cloak, "Why has no one tended to your wounds?" he asked.

Tank didn't reply and frowned a little frightened. The warrior nodded, "I see," he said placing his hands above her, "Hold still," he said. Tank didn't reply again but obeyed his command.

A white light emitted from the man's hands and slowly but surely Tank's wounds began to heal. Soon enough the light receded and the warrior stood, "Now tell me what happened," he said helping her up.

Tank got to her feet and stared at the cloaked warrior, "A monster came. It came with terrible power and destroyed half of our town and killed the entire royal court excluding the princess... I tried to fight him... But he easily defeated me..." she said.

The warrior began to nod and looked around at the desolation that Nightwalker had caused, "He threatened all of you not to call for aid I suppose as well correct?" he asked. Tank looked down sadly and nodded, "He said he'd kill the princess then us..." she said.