A Holiday Adventure! Defend The Realm Jumper!

The Brooklyn Bridge was bright with colors and Nightshade sat on top of it gazing off into the distance of New York's beauty. Nightshade had been in the "Reality Realm" Odion had called it for about three months now trying to adjust to a human's life in this realm. Nightshade hated having to live in the shadows of the night but it kept him on his toes. Real danger never seemed to really happen amongst this realm.

Nightshade's immortality allowed him to time jump to the distant past of Earth's realm and allowed him to stay for many years. Nightshade took part of several wars staying on the side line's hiding from public eyes.

"I hate it here," Nightshade mumbled to himself, *Even though I've got a living here it's not as exciting as I thought it would've been,* he thought jumping high into the air and soaring off towards his apartment. The apartment was nice but Nightshade hated the cramped space he had to live in so he called upon Odion to help him with the situation. With the powers he wielded Odion was able to grant Nightshade a gift with the riches of a kind man so he could find better accommodations.

The apartment was almost clear except Nightshade's bed and dresser in his bedroom. With a heavy sigh Nightshade looked around the room and found himself missing his companions of the Onimak Realm... "Sure wish you guys were here," Nightshade mumbled. With another sigh Nightshade climbed into his bed and fell asleep.

Hours later Nightshade's sleep awoke to the sound of a blood curdling scream coming from the outside alley way. Quickly Nightshade summoned his swords while throwing on a dark hooded cloak. Nightshade jumped out the window and landed on his feet silently while turning to see a man beating on a woman, "Hey!" Nightshade yelled in a deep voice.

The man turned and saw Nightshade and pointed a gun at him. Nightshade laughed and walked forward and the man pulled the trigger. The gun fired but Nightshade's Zodiac style predicted the alignment of fire and he easily dodged the bullet. The man fired again but Nightshade drew forth his black sabre and deflected the bullet. The man dropped his gun and began to make a run for it. Nightshade shifted his grip on his sword and threw it and the man at an angle pinning him to the alley wall.

"That should hold you till the police arrive," Nightshade said while turning to the hurt women. The women cringed in fear of Nightshade but he soon resolved the problem by gently talking to her, "I promise I'm here to help. My name is Nightshade, what's your name?" he asked her. The woman looked at Nightshade with a bruised face which made Nightshade wince, "Laura... My name is Laura," she said.

Nightshade smiled brightly, "Well Laura I promise you're going to be alright. The police will be here shortly and I'll be away from here. The man is unconscious and is no threat to you now I promise," he said waving his hand across the women. Nightshade's hand began to glow with a faint aura of comfort as he healed the women's wounds.

Nightshade swept his hand away and smiled as Laura ran her hands across her body in amazement. Sirens went off and Nightshade was gone in an instant leaving the unconscious man and a somewhat injured Laura, "This realm holds no surprises," Nightshade said standing on a building far from his own, "Just wish I had better enemies to deal with..." he said with a grimace.

A gust of wind hit Nightshade hard and he turned to see Elustar Dragneel sitting on the ledge, "Hey there sparky," she said. Nightshade sighed, "What are you doing here Elustar?" he asked a little annoyed. Elustar smiled, "It's almost a holiday in this realm. It's called Christmas and soon the Realm Jumper will be here. Christmas is a warm holiday for all. It's the holiday to give and receive, but between me and you I'm in it for the candy!" she whispered with a sly grin.

Nightshade chuckled at the remark, "I've always enjoyed this time of year. The snow is what I really enjoy. It gives this realm real beauty to admire. Though I've never had time or people to enjoy the holidays with. Halloween has its exception for when I go out to the haunted houses and volunteer to be a spook heheheh," he said smiling.