Chapter 2 What is The Life of a Businessman?

The Cutie Mark Crusaders walked up and down Ponyville all bummed, "How are we supposed to get our cutie marks girls?" squeaked Applebloom. Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo both shrugged. Applebloom looked around and thought of all the different quests they had completed together even though they hadn't gotten they're cutie marks.

Sweetie Belle then squealed and the others turned towards her, "I just remembered something Rarity was talking about the other day with Twilight! There's a pony in Canterlot that deals with all kinds of magic. He's supposed to be an ambassador of the realms I think. Something along the lines of business. Raven Ale if I remembered correctly. He's also supposed to be super mysterious! Maybe he can help us get our cutie marks!" she said.

Applebloom and Scootaloo both jumped up and smiled, "Where does he live exactly?" they asked. Sweetie Belle tapped hoof to her chin, "I didn't hear that. I think we'd better ask Twilight to find out," she said.

Applebloom's eyes widened, "No! That's not a good idea! None of them would even dare tell us anything about the other realms! We've gotta figure it out ourselves," she said quickly. Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle looked at each other then back to Applebloom, "Then where shall we start?" Scootaloo asked.

Applebloom sighed and thought about Canterlot's layout, "Maybe we should start at the castle. We might run into Glade and Scarlet while we're there. Those two never seem to be apart when we see them," she said. Scootaloo gagged while Sweetie Belle giggled, "Then let's go!" they said. The girls cheered and headed off towards the train station.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Canterlot was full of visitors and no place was as busy as The Platinum Dragon Inn as tourists from other areas of Equestria visited. Raven was busy running in and out of the back room putting up new liquor and preparing food for guests.

Thyme and Gidget were walking past and saw the commotion over at the Inn and both walked over to the inn taking a peek inside. Two ponies were arguing over a table and one threw a hoof at the other.

Raven hopped over the counter and caught the two with his magic and threw them out of the Inn. Walking to the door Raven glared at them, "I catch anyone ruff housing in my Inn again, there will be higher prices to pay than property damage around here," he said with a snarl.

Gidget recoiled and Thyme laughed, "Really busy today aren't you Raven?" Thyme asked giggling. Raven looked to Thyme and smiled, "Well if it isn't the masterpiece of Canterlot herself! What are you doing on this side of the city miss?" he asked with a bright smile.

Thyme heard the commotion in the background and another pony was working on the bar, "I just got done delivering art to Princess Twilight she needed for the Delegation," she said as Raven pulled them inside and behind the bar. Raven pointed to another pony to go out front and take care of service.

Raven started juggling around pans and ingredients with his magic, "Ah yes the Delegation!" he said wheezing, "That's why I've been so busy here. Who knew so many ponies could be such a handful when it came to catering!" he said finishing some plates and tossing them out the door.

Gidget sat astounded at Raven's speed and precision with his magic, "How long have you been using magic Mr. Raven?" she asked. Raven froze while cooking and turned towards her with his covered eye, "Now that deary is a hard question to answer," he said looking at her.

Gidget frowned, "How is it hard? You don't look that old," she said. Raven sighed and rubbed his injured eye, "Unfortunately looks aren't all what there cracked up to be now a day's my sweet filly. Miss Thyme I do not mean to be rude but could you please be on your way. I have to help Noel with the service out there. As you know he's not accustomed to seeing many faces," he said with a sly grin.