Chapter 15: Live In The Shadow

"Are you mad?" Alex asked me later after the party. He'd offered me a ride home and I obviously took it. We dropped Lisa off home first then it was just us at my apartment. 

"Mad? No." I answered truthfully, adjusting myself on the couch. I wasn't mad. I suppose Lisa's request was reasonable. If the circumstances were as the were supposed to be in her perfect little life. If only she knew. "A little disappointed? Yes." 

He bit his lip, "I'm sorry. I should've just told her no."

"No, it's okay. You couldn't have without it being suspicious."

"Yeah, but now we don't even have tour to ourselves. We finally got everyone on board and now we can't even enjoy it." 

"I don't know, Alex..." I sighed, "If you want to tell her no then do it. It's up to you. I know either way, we'll find a an excuse to be together." 

"I guess you're right... I mean, we always have before," he mumbled, staring off into nothing. "I'll figure it out." He continued to stare at the wall, "It'll be okay, Jack... We'll get through it."

"I know." 

"I mean it," he said, finally turning to me and squinting his eyes, "We will prevail."

"I'm sure we will, babe. I trust you."  

He smiled, looking back at the wall in a zoned out way, "I like it when you call me that."

I grinned slightly and pulled him into me, "Babe."

Alex finally snapped out of his little trance and pressed his lips to mine briefly before cuddling into me, a smile still plastered on his face, "You're sweet."

I looked at him for a moment, taking in his appearance. He was kind of growing a little scruff that I knew he'd probably shave off soon, even though I thought it looked good on him. Maybe one day I'd convince him to leave it.

He was so perfect. He was my whole world. I was one lucky guy.

"I know."

Alex wrapped his arms loosely around my neck and leaned his forehead into mine, "Kiss me, weirdo."

"'Kay," I mumbled, closing the gap between us. 

For now everything was okay. Right now it was good. I could live with that.

A/N: This is a short ending but I didn't want to do too much before the next book. Things are a-coming people.

Again, sorry for the lack of updates of late. I'm back in school and I'm trying to sort everything out. Just bare with me. I will finish this series. It's just gonna take some time. 

I hope you all enjoyed this book and I look forward to seeing you all in the next one :D Thanks for reading! Love you people!

Vote and comment if you'd like :D

Until next time, 

-H