Chapter 11: Fool's Holiday

A/N: Here's my late Christmas special... Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I have no excuse but laziness. I'll try to update more often, even though I don't think anyone reads this. But if someone does, please enjoy!

-

Ah, Christmas. It used to be the best time of the year, when you were young and your parents bought you presents. Christmas is enjoyable as an adult also, just in a different way. Drinking is always fun. And the holidays are the best excuse ever. Plus Alex's birthday was right near and that was a reason to get the party started early. 

The band and crew decided that after we had our own family Christmas parties, we come together later in the night for a different kind of party. One with alcohol.

It was nice seeing my family, I loved it. But I wished that Alex could be there with me and I could be with him at his parents' house. 

It sucked not being able to do the whole boyfriend family thing with Alex. I wanted to bring him home and show him off to all my family because I was lucky enough to catch a good one. But I couldn't, because people couldn't know. It sucked even more that someone else got to take my spot next to him at his family gatherings. 

I tried not to think about it but as I sat at the dinner table, surrounded by my family, I couldn't stop thinking about it. He should be here. I should be there. It wasn't fair. 

-

As much as I craved him I was able to live through the day knowing that I'd get to see him later on, even though it seemed like forever away. 

My sister was the only one, surprisingly, who questioned me about a boyfriend. My mind flashed to Alex and I smiled so she questioned me. I passed it off as having a crush for someone. She tried to get it out of me but I couldn't tell her. I did promise to tell her one day but I couldn't muster up the nerve to tell her.  

Eventually I pulled away from the family and was able to head home to get ready for the next party, which was at Rian's house. I planned on being a little late but it turned out that I actually needed the time to get ready. I had to shower, do my hair, pick clothes out that I thought Alex would like, and actually drive to Ri's place. 

I knocked on the door after a small debate on whether or not I should just go in. Rian answered the door then stared at me and asked "Why'd you knock? I thought you were like a neighbor or something."

I just shrugged and smiled, saying something about being polite. We walked a few feet in and I turned to him, "Two questions."

"Shoot."

"One, where's the booze?"

"Kitchen most likely."

I nodded, "And two, where's Gaskarth?"

"Living room with Zack, I think anyways," Rian answered, "You gonna hang off his arm again all night?"

I gave Rian an annoyed look, "Look at you, turning into a Jalex shipper."

He threw up his hands and grinned, "You said it, buddy."

"You said it," I countered poorly, "Now, if you'll excuse me I have to go find the booze then the boy."

"Use protection," Rian called as I backed into the kitchen. 

"Don't worry, we do," I replied, knowing he wouldn't take me seriously. I turned around almost crashed right into Alex,"I thought you were in the living room." 

He laughed, rolling his eyes as he pulled me into the empty kitchen. 

"Did you just tell Rian we have sex?" Alex asked me in a hushed tone. 

"Psh," I scoffed, reaching for his waist and pulling him into me, "Of course not, my love."

"Of course not, my love," He mimicked me, wrapping his arms around my neck and attaching our lips momentarily, "You're lucky you're hot."

My jaw dropped with false shock, "That's mean." 

"Aw, no," he pressed our lips together, "You know I love you."

"Mhm," I hummed, "I missed you." I buried my face in his neck, we could only be this close for a moment longer with everyone outside. 

"I missed you too," he said softly, "Lisa is so boring. She wants to be all coupley around my parents and shit and I... I'm sorry." He said, noticing my discomfort at the topic, "I know you don't want to hear about that."

"It's okay," I lied, "I'm just glad I have to to myself now." 

He pulled back and looked at me, biting his lip.

"What?" I asked going over to the alcohol and pouring two glasses for Alex and myself. 

"She's here." 

"What?" I was disappointed, obviously.

"I couldn't not bring her," he explained as I handed him his cup of alcohol, "She was like oh, I wanna hang out with your friends and blah blah. I didn't want to bring her but I couldn't say no. She's out there talking to Cassadee now. You know her and Rian have been hanging out a lot?"

"Rian and Lisa?"

"No! Rian and Cassadee, you know, lead singer for Hey Monday."

"Oh," I said, confused by the sudden change in topic. 

"Yeah," Alex leaned on the counter, "You wanna go out there?"

I sighed, "Do we have to?" I moved over to Alex with a smirk on my face and a seductive tone to my voice, "Can't we just sneak off to Rian's guest room and fuck?" 

Alex's cheeks turned pink, "You wish."

"I do," I replied, hovering my lips over his, "Kiss me again and we can go out there."

"Okay," he agreed, a small grin playing on his lips. 

I happily got rid of it my pressing my mouth to his. I caressed his cheek as we kissed and just as I was about to pull away someone spoke behind me. 

"I fucking knew it!"