Chapter 7: The Room's Spinning Out Of Control

Waking up next to Alex in his bed the next day just put this extra pep in my step, not to mention the morning sex, that was good too.

He was being really sweet when we actually got up for the day. He made breakfast and kissed me randomly. It made me really happy to see him so happy.

"What's gotten into you today?" I asked him after we ate.

He shrugged, a goofy grin plastered on his face. "I just love you, I suppose. And I know I'm lucky to have you again."

My cheeks got hot and I knew they were bright red. "Shut up," I said, smiling myself and avoiding his eyes, "Come on, let's go shower."

"Okay."

-

After out shower we got dressed and decided to go to the studio where we knew everyone else would be waiting for us. I wouldn't lie about sleeping over at Alex's if someone asked, I mean, we were best friends still, but I would not go into detail. No one needed to know all that yet. This secret was still ours.

You know how you're having a really good day and you're like so happy? When you're in an amazing fucking mood and you feel like nothing can ruin it? And then something does?

Yeah.

Everyone was waiting for us at the studio. And by everyone I mean our normal crew and also someone else... Lisa.

The last time I'd seen her was when she was trying to have sex with Alex after the last show. Awesome.

The worst part was that I had to act like it didn't even bother me, that I wasn't in love with her boyfriend. And I had to pretend that her boyfriend wasn't my boyfriend.

Needless to say I was very uncomfortable, especially when she skipped over and kissed Alex as soon as we walked into the door. I just kind of stood back and sat on the couch that just last night I'd kissed him on. I couldn't say anything or do anything. It wasn't my place. So I didn't.

Alex gave me an apologetic look as she showered him with her meaningless affection. I just gave him a small smile and a shrug. After a while I couldn't look at them anymore. It hurt too much.

You know I like to think I was hurting because I hated her and I didn't want her to be with Alex because she wasn't right for him. But to be honest I think I was envious of her. She had the freedom to kiss him whenever she wanted, in front of whoever she wanted.

I wanted that.

You know it really is kind of funny how you can go from so happy to depressed as hell in the span of ten minutes. Maybe it was my fault. Maybe I shouldn't have taken him back anyways. It probably would be easier if I hadn't.

But I did.

A/N: Short but it said what I wanted it to so I'm calling it an update and posting it. Then I'm calling it a night and going to sleep. Goodnight everyone.

Please vote and also comment what you think Jack will do next :)

Until next time,

-H