Brother or Murderer?

Now Cari knew it. She was Elliot's sister, and it wasn't a coincidence that Elliot had been called by Takono to come to the building. He wanted to come here. But why? Why kill your own twin brother?

Cari pictured Elliot again. He was still at the monitor, muttering something to himself about revenge. So this was a revenge story. Cari opened her eyes, and broke into a sprint, her Soul Stone guiding her to where Elliot was.

She burst into the room, seeing Elliot at the control panel. They must have changed facial features as they grew. But her mind was plagued with insecurity more than these burning questions: the inability to carry out what she had originally planned. Why? Why would Elliot do this?

"You're my brother, aren't you?"

"Well, well, my darling sister has figured it out, then?" Elliot's sharp voice stabbed Cari's heart like a knife.

"He loved you." she replied bitterly.

Elliot paused. Then he began to shuffle around the room.

"Cari, tell me how you would feel in my situation. Overshadowed, oppressed. Your brother is constantly noticed more than you. He has power, money, everything. And then you go to your mother. You try so hard to be her perfect son just for one time... But she tells you that you have never shone as bright as your brother, and you will never be her son. She falls ill. You try to get money to fund her care, but you can't, because you're bankrupt. You plead with your brother, the business tycoon, the multi-billionaire- surely he'd have a few pounds to spare? But no. He tells you to earn it yourself. He tells you that his mother never mattered to him. So you go to your mother. She lies on her deathbed, and you attempt to tell her that Elryon is far from perfect. But she thinks you're lying for attention. She has raised you in such a way that she has taught you to never lie. And seeing her son lie is unacceptable. And she dies. All because of lying, scheming, mr perfect. Elryon, my twin."

"But that's no reason to kill!"

"If you kill me Cari, you're just as bad as I ever was."

"I'm killing an evildoer."

"And I'm an evildoer because I killed my brother. By killing your brither, you're an evildoer too."

He whips out a gun from his belt and aims it at Cari.

"Liberate us both. We'll die together, in the same place. The three of us. You, me, Elryon."

Cari aims the gun at Elliot. Her fingers squeeze the trigger.

"I'll see you all soon. Elryon. Mother. Elliot."

And the gun fell out of her hand, as she and Elliot fell to the floor.