Floor 14 Part I- Finding Elliot

Cari had finally made it to Floor 14, carrying Elryon's body in one of the sacks she had found in the Floor 15 Storeroom. She had felt bad putting her elder brother's body in there; not the most respectable way, but the only way.

She had wandered around Floor 15 and found the fire exit, luckily without bumping into Elliot again.

The lifts on Floor 15 weren't active, and judging by the time Cari took to get around Floor 15, Elliot, having prior knowledge of the building, would have taken half the time.

Cari squinted. Just ahead of her was a cracked display in the wall, showing a map with a helpful 'you are here' dot. She ran quickly towards it.

It was a touch screen, with another fingerprint reader for admin access.

Lovely. With her adermatoglyphia fingerprinting condition, she had no worries with admin access. She swiftly tapped her finger on the reader, and she instantly saw all the admin features. She lightly tapped on the CCTV function and saw Elliot inside an active elevator on the same floor. If she could carry Elryon and swiftly go down the fire exit she would be able to catch Elliot. The in-elevator CCTV showed he could only go down to Floor 13 due to the lift problems after the explosion.

She picked up the sack containing Elryon and ran towards the fire exit. There it was, in the distance... almost there...!

CRASH.

Cari gasped. An enormous pile of rubble had blocked her path, and the fire exit was out of reach.