Floor 15 Part IV- The Accomplice's Story

The accomplice began walking into the storage room. Cari and Elryon could now see a scarred face with two gleaming eyes slowly coming towards them.

"Well, well well. Cari Ruschette Sapphire and Elryon Rusch Sapphire. I seem to have killed two birds with one stone."

The man pointed a long, bony finger at Cari.

"I wonder how you survived the explosion. From here, you look rather... incapable."

Now Elryon was really angry.

"Leave my sister alone!" he yelled.

"Now, now. You're currently my hostages. Please do refrain from yelling at me, unless you want to be yelled at too."

Elryon opened his mouth to protest, but a gentle prod from Cari told him not to.

"There's something off with him, Cari. Be careful." muttered Elryon.

"Well, shall we make things a bit more interesting? I'll tell you all. A pleasant little tale before you two candles are blown out. My name is Elliot Blacksrait, and I am a world renowned security breaker. Your little caller friend was a modern aborigine, name of Takono Blumenthal. He called me to ask me to break into Sapphire Tech and steal an extremely dangerous object; the Soul Stone."

Elryon gasped. "You... You don't mean... the legend-"

"Yes. I do mean it. The stone with the power to revive the dead and bestow them with supernatural powers. If a corpse or any dead life form has just a bit of Soul Stone residue, they will be revived with powers capable of ending the world. Of course, with such a powerful object, there just has to be a tragic backstory as well."

Elliot chuckled slowly, and finished with a menacing cackle.

"Long ago, or should I say once upon a time, the Aborigine leader killed his enemy from another clan. The Aborigines had found a soul stone however, and had managed to shape it into the leader's spearhead, and so, the enemy of the Aborigines seemingly died after being pierced with the spear. However, of course, he was revived, as an even more powerful being. And he unleashed his wrath on the Aborigines, and only one survived. That was Takono Blumenthal's ancestor, who revived the clan, but told all to keep away from the Soul Stone, or else. And he decided to form an elite group of Aboriginal warriors who would make sure that the world was away from the Soul Stone, and Takono is the leader of the current elite group."

Cari and Elryon stood glued to the spot, slowly absorbing the story.

"And, Takono needed me to break in to Sapphire Tech in order to steal the Soul Stone from such a high-tech facility. On the way to the facility, I realised how much the Soul Stone could be of use to me, so I decided to double-cross Takono and get it for myself. Oh, and don't go hoping I'll tell you who I'm reviving. You might find out... soon enough. My plan did backfire when Takono jumped out of the window after my betrayal and used our wired explosives as a suicidal last resort. But then, I survived, and sadly for me, so did you."

"THAT'S IT! I CAN'T LISTEN TO THIS ANYMORE! YOU'RE DESPICABLE! BETRAYING SOMEONE AND KILLING THEM- YOU'RE THE CAUSE OF THIS ENTIRE DISASTER! TAKONO WAS A GOOD MAN... AND YOU TOOK A GOOD MAN OFF THIS EARTH! I-"

"Silence. You don't know who you're talking to. And you never will again."

Elliot pulled a revolver from behind his back. He loaded it, rapidly aimed and shot. Straight into Elryon's heart.

"No... No... Elryon... No... NO! YOU MONSTER!"

Without a word, Elliot opened the storeroom door. He slowly exited, then paused.

"I liked your bravery. So I'll let you live. But don't cross my path again. Or you won't be so lucky. He was annoying me, anyway." muttered Elliot.

The storeroom door slammed shut.