Freeway Accident

I will never forget that accident. That accident that I saw with my own two eyes. That accident that I could have saved a life...but didn't. That accident that occurred years ago but it's still in my memory as if it was yesterday. 

This is the story. 

A wife that had three children. A 6 year old boy, an 8 month baby girl and a 2 year old girl. They all went to go pick their father up in the airport. He had recently came back from a business trip. 

He got picked up and were heading home. On the way home.... that's when the tragedy happened. 

They were driving in the freeway. Everything was fine until they had to turn in a curve.. There was a truck going high speed, the driver was drunk and at the moment he turned the curve at high speed he landed on top of the family's car. The mother didn't have a seat belt so when the truck hit them...she flew through the window and landed miles away. What happened to the husband and the 3 children? 

They got stuck inside the car. They were alive and asking for help. 

When I saw the truck hit, I stopped my car and tried to help with what I could. I went to help the children and once the 6 year old saw me, he motioned me to grab him. He extended his small arms for me to grab him. While I tried to unbuckle him I holded his hand. He was stuck to his baby chair. I couldn't get him out.  

The father was telling me to get his children out, to save them, to help them. My nerves were in no end. I was trying, i really was. But with the kids crying and the men talking i couldnt focus. The kids and the men had survived the accident but they were stuck. How to get them out? How?  

I don't know how it hadnt occurred to me to unbuckle the baby seat with the boy in it, but I was too busy trying to get the boy that I guess it had just not come to mind. 

Suddenly, the tires are thrown in the air making me jump and let go of the boy. I had jumped a bit away from the whole car. I was about to go back to trying to get the kid out, but thats when the car exploded. It went up in flames with the family in there alive. He screamed for help and the kids cried out in pain. I had to see how they were burn alive. I had to hear their screams. It was a terrible sight. A sight and a memory I will never forget. What happened to the mom? She survived with a lot of injuries, broken ribs, a broken leg and arm, and a concussion, but her family died. So she just suffered. Probably went crazy afterwards. 

What happened to the truck driver? He went to prison, but was that fair? He didn't loose his whole family. He didnt get badly hurt. He just had to spend some years in prison, probably out already. 

I had to witness everything. And it will be a memory I will never forget. 

------------------------------- 

Real accident real people. This accident really did occur many years ago. This really happened in Texas in a freeway, many years ago. Its a really sad story and very true. Comment and vote.