I Regret it!

There is no reason to be mean or mistreat your mom. I learned that the hard way. If I could, I would go back to that day and re-do it all over again. The thing is, I didn't mistreat my mom or was in any way mean towards her, but I do regret not doing what my heart wanted me to do and what my mom wished for me to do. I feel as if I'm not here, living around others, I feel as if I'm broken, which I am, as if I should and wouldn't want to live any more. The reason I haven't given up so easily and just go to my mother is because I still have my father.  

Unfortunately, I found out that day and after that day, who my REAL friends were. It shocked me and hurt me deeper, but it was better finding out sooner than later. They say that those who are true friends are there for you or with you in the good and in the bad situations. Well, I discovered that was true....and here's my short sad story.

Another day for school, it felt as any other day. What I didn't know was that today my life was going to take a huge turn. To the good or to the bad?...You'll find out soon. 

I got up, did my morning routine which was getting up going to the restroom, taking a shower, blow drying my hair, and doing my make-up. After that I would look for something nice, cozy, cool, but something my friends haven't seen me in. I'm one of those popular girls, you could say, but unlike all does movies and books, we weren't mean or stuck up and my friends were real and true, not fake, or so I thought. 

After figuring out what I was going to wear, I made my way downstairs to eat breakfast, my mom had cooked me some scrambled eggs with bacon and a few beans. Yuck! I don't like beans.  

"Good morning darling!" My mom greeted as I sat down for breakfast. Like usual my dad had left to work early. 

"Good morning mom! But please stop calling me darling. I'm not little anymore." I greeted but ended it by complaining. 

"Sorry darl- I mean Rebekah. It's just that you will always be my baby girl." I knew she was going to call me darling again even though I had just warned her, luckily she corrected herself in time. 

I couldn't help but roll my eyes on the last part of her sentence, she exaggerates. "Mom come on we're going to be late." 

"But, it's still early and you haven't eaten much." 

"Mom come on, I'm supposed to meet with the girls." I told my mom as I grabbed my backpack and jacket. 

"Ok ok sweet heart, but I'm expecting you to eat a lot today at dinner." 

"Yes mom. I'll do whatever you say. Now come on." I smiled at her. 

We were on our way to school, we talked about the usual stuff like how my friends are doing, how my dad is doing at work, how my mom wants to get a job and not just be a housewife, and last but not least how I'm doing at school. 

We arrived at school and right away I saw my friends, I got excited. My mom stopped the car by the entrance, which that was where my friends were waiting for me. She started leaning towards me, wanting to give me a kiss in the cheek, but I stopped her. 

"Mom! What are you doing! Can't you see my friends are watching?!" I panicked. 

"I just wanted to give you a kiss in the cheek." She stated the obvious. 

"I know but what will my friends say? They would laugh, just bye mom." I told her as I stepped out of the car. Oh, how it hurt to see her face when I denied her kiss, but it would ruin me with my friends. Oh, how I wanted to just get back inside the car give her a hug and kiss her cheek. But I hold myself together. 

"Bye darl- I mean bye Rebekah." She waved. 

I waved back and watched her leave. As I watched her leave I regretted not giving her a goodbye kiss and letting her kiss me goodbye, but when I get home I'll do it. She always waits for me outside worrying if I would get into a car accident. But I will give her a kiss when I get home and apologize for the way I acted in the morning. All of the sudden I couldn't wait to get back home to my mom.