Don't Look

Hi everyone!

Sorry for the wait. Busy, with the end of the school year and all that. Anyway, we're back to Viva's point of view. How does everyone feel about that?

Personally, it's nice to be back on familiar ground, but I realllllly liked writing in his POV. It was awesome. And I love him. But, I also love Viva, and it hasn't been her view for over two chapters.

So, here you go!

Song's Kissing In Cars by Pierce the Veil. Have I done this song in a chapter before...?

Eh. It's good anyway.

------------------------------------------------------------

Viva's POV (As promised :))

__________________________

My fucking stomach.

Honestly, I'm starting to wish they had just forked my eye out or something. 

The gunshot wound was killing me big time. Sitting in the warm water of the bathtub, I looked around, looking for something to use so I could pull myself up and out of the tub.

I glanced down at my stomach. It had a constant throbbing pain, which I can deal with. But I can't use my stomach muscles at all without it hurting like hell. Standing up in this tub would require stomach muscle tensing.

I sighed, and looked at the door. The door leading to the rest of the hotel room was half open, to put River at ease. Who, by the way, I could hear walking around in the bedroom.

could just call River in to help me out of the tub, but, honestly, I didn't much want to.

One: he's done enough already. I take pride on being able to take care of myself, and it seemed like I haven't for this whole trip. I didn't want to bother River unless I absolutely had to.

Two: I was naked.

Alright Viva, toughen up. You got shot yesterday, you can handle standing up.

Bracing my hands on the sides of the tub, I forced myself into a stand. Pain ripped through my stomach and I groaned, bending over slightly. 

Hissing through my teeth, I managed to step over the side of the tub. Right as I wrapped a warm white towel around my body, the door creaked open and River's worried face appeared.

We made eye contact and my insides fluttered. I could tell he was tired by how especially dark his blue eyes were. 

The image of his expression when I kissed him appeared in my mind, and my stomach did a full flip. His gaze had been dazed, heated, careful...

I actually had an affect on him. Me.

This is incredibly dorky. River will never know this; I'll take this to the grave. I'll lie to the Priest if I have to.

But.... I really think a lot of River. As in, he's basically got a halo and a crown in my eyes. The guy is really something else. 

Who would've thought? In some ways, I'm pretty sheltered. Didn't ever go to a public school, no real friends. Although, I know how to disassemble and reassemble a gun in minutes, and every pressure point in the human body, and how to kill someone without using anything more than one hand- but that's not the point. I'm sheltered from the world of regular people who have legal jobs and families. So many people I see on a regular basis- my "co-workers" -are just selfish scum. I can't be much better than them, though. I mean, I was supposed to kill River.

And River. I could have killed him. I would have, too, if I got a hold of him in the alley all that time ago. Now, looking at his handsome, worried face peering at me from the doorway, that's one of my worst fears. Losing the most amazing, important person in my life. It's kind of pathetic, actually, ha. I really don't have anyone else. River's everything.