Fire In Her Eyes

Alright, so I know I'm very neglectful. But I'm skipping school for you guys so I can finish this chapter. Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Viva'a POV

River watched the door for a moment, above my head, after his father had left. The house was silent, but my heartbeat was pounding in my ears.

River had saved me before, but most likely to save himself trouble. He wasn't doing it because he had felt bad, or cared. But now he had nothing to lose, and every reason and intention now to just kill me after forcing a few answers out. Who was I to him? Just another target to get rid of. Worse, I had just stabbed him a while ago and my hands were currently tied, and I was unarmed, and outnumbered. Screwed, in other words.

River blinked, moving his gaze down to look at me. I met his eyes, hoping mine had no emotion in them. He stared at me, hard, searching my face and crossing his arms. I waited. "What?" I say. That's my nevous reaction. Sarcasm and attitude. Comes out at the worst times, like now for example, but it makes me less panicked.

"Viva, I suggest you make this easy for yourself and answer my questions. My father wasn't shitting around when he said your life can easily and likely will end tonight."

And who's fault is that, River?

"You really think I'm going to cooperate with you?" I say. "No. You lured me into your dingy house and tied me up. I'm dying either way, according to you, so why make things easier for you?" My fingers were trembling.

"Easier for me?" He leaned down, his face level with mine. "It's the other way around, babe. Things will be easier for you if you just talk. Otherwise, this is going to be a bad time for you. Any harm that comes to you tonight will be your fault. Either way, this is nothing I haven't done before. You're no different, though your face is the prettiest. This will be easy...for me."

He straightened, stepping back. "Caleb." He says, to one of the men watching. He walks over to join River in front of me. Caleb was tall and thick, looking at me with a sick glint in his eyes that made me want to hightail it out of this house.

"Find out who she's working for, and why we're the focus." River takes a few steps back, leaving for his room. I watched him go. Are you kidding me? He brought me in here, he wanted answers, and it was his job to get them out of me. Yet he's just leaving it to his smelly gangmember?

I turn to Caleb. "Hey." I say, smiling brightly. "Ever heard of deodorant?"

He cracked his knuckles. "Alright, girl. Listen to the kid and make it easy for you. What's your bosses name?"

I pretended to not hear.

"What's his name?" He crouched down to my level, and brought a hand up to trace my neck. His breath smelled like tobacco. I shivered, but not in the good way. This guy was a creep.

I looked down at my feet. I should paint my nails when I get home.

Caleb grabbed my hair, yanking so that I was looking up. I winced at the pain, but stayed silent.

"I have a better idea. From this point on, I'll do my own thing with you, and whenever you feel like it, let me know when you want to start talking."

I shrugged. "You're the boss."

Now, there are two different kinds of afraid with me, when it comes to guys like Caleb. The first, is simply feeling afraid because I know he's going to be punching and kicking me pretty soon. The fear of physical pain. That's the kind I'd rather feel. The second kind is when I'm afraid because he's a pervert. As in, he can touch me wherever and however he likes whether I like it or not. And, well, what happens to teenage girls when a creepy guy has advantage of them?