The Good In The Bad

Make sure to listen to the sexy-ass song to the right! It's called Bloodstream, by Stateless and it's my favorite song this week. :) Seriously, listen to it. It goes nicely with this chapter...;) But play it at a certain time in the chapter. I put a little note in the chapter, letting you know when to start the song.

_____________________________________________________________

Viva's POV

~~~~~~

"Keep in mind, most of them are probably out somewhere in the city looking for us, so the house won't even be full." 

River said this as we walked quickly, headed towards his house, which by the way, I think is insanely stupid. We left the car a few streets away, so that whoever's in the house can't see it, and now we were just a street down from the house.

"Oh, great! Now we have only an eighty percent chance of getting killed instead of ninety!" I retort, sarcastic. 

Clearly, I was distressed. That's a little unlike me, but hey. Last time I was in that house with anyone other than River I was getting beaten. For christ's sake, it's not just the house that's dangerous, it's the whole damn city. River's father's gang is endlessly full of members and they're all over the area looking for two people; US. And we could be out of here, safe and sound in a dingy hotel two towns over, but no. No, River's clothes are apparently the top priority.

"I told you already, we need to get there. I have a stash of weapons and money in the back of my closet that we can't leave behind." River said, for the fiftieth time.

"Whatever. You're going in the window first. Now hush, we're getting close to the house." I slowed down my walking, and River stepped in front of me. We were across the street from the house.

Since it was daylight, it was hard to tell whether the lights were on or not in the house, though it was more than likely people were home.

"Come on." River says quietly, taking my wrist and pulling us along. We quickly darted through the yard, until we were on one side of the house, where River's window was. I waited, while River reached up and slowly eased the window open. Turning back to me, he put a finger to his lips.

We both held our breath, listening. Faintly, from inside, I could hear what sounded like two voices. "My dad." River mouthed at me.

I nod, going into high alert mode. If we were going to do this without getting caught, I needed to be focused. Forgetting what I had said before, I took the lead, dropping my bag on the ground, soundlessly jumping up and climbing through the window. On the other side, inside River's room, I carefully stepped away from the window. The door was cracked open an inch. Behind me, River hoisted himself through. I couldn't help but watch his arms, the muscles flexing. River just seems to be nothing but insanely good looking, all the time. His jacket zipper clacked against the windowsill, making me jump. "Quiet!" I hiss at him. He puts his hands up, in a 'sorry' gesture.

I crept to the door, while River immediately went to his closet, slowly opening it and slowly pulling out a small box, to keep quiet. He had brought his backpack in with him, and he unzipped it.

"....He's killed many times before, with no problem. River is good at what he does." Bill, River's father, could be heard from the living room. I stayed still, at the door, listening.

"Well maybe it's because she's a woman." Another male, unfamiliar, answered him. They were talking about me and River.

"No, he's killed women before. I don't think he's questioned more than one, but he's definitely shot them down with no issue." Bill spoke again. I press my lips together. By questioning, they meant torturing. Yep, just like in the movies. They tie you down in a chair and beat you senseless until they get info they want out of you, then usually kill you after.