Dance With Me

Well guys, it's summer vacation, and I'm currently living like a vampire. Asleep all day, up all night. Seriously. Last night I was up till 5 AM, and then I slept till like 6 PM. 

As fun as it is, nocturnal is not a human thing, and therefore I feel like crap. So I'm sorry if this chapter is off....

However, I've got some good ideas for this chapter up my sleeve and I'm pretty sure it'll be awesome!

Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Viva's POV

____

"Where the HELL is my ipod?" I asked the hotel room. River had just left to pick up the laundry, and I had packed up our backpacks with everything.... except my ipod.

I'd honestly rather leave my favorite gun behind rather than my ipod. That thing is the love of my life. 

The bed looked suspicious to me. Walking quickly to it, I lifted one pillow at a time, searching. I cried out in relief when I found the little object, under the last pillow, wrapped in it's earphone wires. Snatching it up, I was zipping it into the front pocket of my backpack when the front door behind me opened.

I stood up and turned to see River, laundry basket in hands. He smiled at me, setting the basket on the bed. 

"Hey," he greeted me. I waved at him, sitting on the bed next to the basket. I watched him as he quickly and neatly folded our clothes, tucking them into the backpacks. There was something sweet about the sight of him doing laundry, oddly enough. I guess it's because you wouldn't expect a tall dark criminal doing something like laundry. Kind of like seeing a vicious bear play with dolls.

"You'd be a pretty good housewife." I teased him. He smirked at that, and nudged my knee.

Once he was done, he stood up, zipping the bags shut. "Okay, we're ready to go. Are you all set? Bandages are good? Do you need any painkillers?" River checked me over.

I rolled my eyes, trying to hide the sudden blush that started to creep into my cheeks. He's always been all concerned and caregiving like this, why is it having such an affect now? "You just bandaged me two hours ago. There's no pain."

He smiled. "Right, sorry. I just worry, Vi."

I tilted my head at him. He followed the movement, tilting his head along with mine. "Vi?" I questioned.

"Hm. It suits you." He simply said, before picking up both bags. His biceps flexed with the weight, making it hard not to stare. Focusing on his face, I swallowed and nodded. "Kay. Let's go."

He led the way, turning away from me and going through the door. I took a moment to shake myself out of it. What is wrong with me? It's just River. Stop being all blushy and weird.

Yeah, my previous thoughts from last time he left the room are getting to me. Those stupid, hopeless thoughts. River isn't going to have feelings for me.....not that I necessarily have feelings for him. I mean, if he doesn't, I don't. Because that's ridiculous. Impossible. Right?

Following quickly after him, he paused when he reached the front doors, waiting for me.

I took a backpack from him, slinging it over my shoulder. He put a hand on my waist, and I fought a shiver from running up my spine at the touch. But when he leaned down to whisper into my ear, the shiver won, goosebumps raising on my skin. 

"The car is still down the road," he murmured. "We're going to go quickly to it, but don't touch it until I say. Okay?"

I nodded, and he grabbed my hand, squeezing it lightly, before pulling me through the doors.