Sweet Mornings

Hey everyone!

Thank you soo much for reading the last chapter. I love writing in River's POV. Might do it more often. 

Last chapter was NINE pages. Holy crap. See? I slaved over that motherfricker. And I'm very happy with it :) 

SOO. Enjoy this chapter guys, and give me some love! Leave a comment, vote, follow, anything!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

River's POV

____________

The sight of Viva's eyes opening in the morning was a very, very nice sight.

Of course, I knew she was fine, and alive, and expected to open her eyes. But after last night, when it was at one point quite a possibility that her eyes would close and never open again, I was ready to drop with relief.

I was on the phone with Presley, having finally gotten the charger late last night. He had just answered.

"Hello? Riv, hellooo." Presley's voice drifted through the phone. I forgot he was there for a moment, distracted when Viva woke.

"Hey, yeah, sorry."

"How's she doing?" Presley asked gently. Several hours ago, when my phone was charged enough, I had frantically called and explained what happened in a hushed voice, while Viva slept. He had been shocked, apparently hearing nothing about the gang finding us. 

I sighed, looking over at her. Her bruises had darkened. In all honesty, she looked worse. "She's doing good. Definitely going to make it. She looks like shit, but she'll live."

"Heard that." Viva mumbled, rubbing her eyes. 

Grinning slightly, I said a quick goodbye to my best friend. "I gotta go. I'll call later, okay?"

Hanging up, I went to Viva's bed side. Crouching down so we were eye level, I whispered to her. "Hey cutie. How're you feeling?"

She started to sit up, then winced. 

I stopped her from trying again. "Don't, you need to stay laying down. It needs time to heal."

She looked at me, and glared. The glare disappeared in a second though, replaced by concern. I knew why; my face didn't look in any better shape than hers. I had a chance to look in the mirror as I was putting the medical supplies away, and I looked....well, as it's expected after getting beaten by several people.

"Oh my god, River. What happened to you?"

She reached a hand out, pressing her fingers against a bruise on my temple, then traced under my eyes. She touched my split lip, making the skin tingle. "Did you sleep at all?"

I shook my head. "I couldn't go to bed. You needed an eye on you."

"You're ridiculous. Aren't you tired?"

Yes. I wanted to crawl into bed with her and pass out, I was so exhausted. 

But, at the moment, that wasn't an option. She's a tough girl, but it takes more than sleeping it off after getting shot and beaten. 

To be honest, I wasn't exactly sure on where to start. I examined her carefully. She was still laying in the bed, blankets over her. Her face had dirt and a little dried blood on it, so I decided bathing was a good first step. Anyway, it would probably help keep infections from happening I straightened up from my crouch. "Do you think you can make it to the bathroom if I help? You need to wash up."