Sunset Colors

Sorry for the long wait. Writer's block. But, here it is. And guys, you are so amazing for reading. LOVE YOU. Important question----Which POV do you prefer, Viva or River? Comment please. I'm thinking of sticking to just one POV and whichever one you guys like better, it'll be that one.. <3
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

River's POV
__________

So, here's the situation. I have until nightfall to get both me and Viva to Presley's house. I'm stressed, tired, and frustrated. She's barely able to stand, and refusing to move because she doesn't trust me. Not that I blame her, but I only just decided to keep her alive, and by doing that, I'm risking my own life. So excuse me, but I'm not in the best mood. I decide to legitimately save her god damn life and now she won't cooperate. So yeah, I'm frustrated. Fuck me, right?

"Viva." I speak through gritted teeth. I was standing in front of her, while she sat on the living room couch. So far, I had only managed to get her out of my room and into the living room. I had given her an ice pack for her very roughed up head a few minutes ago, and she's now pressing it to the back of her head. She hit her head a few times in the alley, and several other times in this house. I can't believe she doesn't have a concussion.

Even with tangled hair, damp from her shower, wearing my clothes which were much too big on her, a bruise on her pale cheek, and shadows under her green eyes, now dull with exhaustion, she was still incredibly pretty. Beautiful, even. Her lips part as she looks at me. "No." She simply says.

I glare, wanting to just drag her to Presley's house whether she likes it or not. But that wouldn't work, because we need to get there smoothly. If she's screaming and fighting on the walk there, I'm guessing someone will call the cops suspecting kidnap.

Persuading her is the best option, also the hardest.

She sighs. "Just run through what we're doing again?"

I quickly explain, trying to make it sound as safe as possible. "Presley is my best friend. His dad is a Blood. He'll leave you alone, don't worry, and he has his own apartment. We're walking because my dad took the car, but it's a few blocks away. We'll spend the night, and my dad has no way of finding us because he doesn't know where we're going."

"What if he guesses that we went to Presley's?" She asks.

"He doesn't know where Presley lives."

"But what if Presley's dad tells your dad where it is?"

"Presley's dad doesn't know where it is either."

She's quiet, thinking for a minute. She glances towards the window, where it was still light out. It was a nice day; warm, and the sun wasn't too bright. No wind.

She shakes her head. "No. Last time I trusted you, you were lying."

At this point, I snap. I throw my hands up. She jumps. "I'm trying to save your ass, risking mine in the process, and you won't even freaking let me! Don't you see that I'm doing a huge favor for you right now? Would you RATHER me shoot you? Because it would sure as hell be easier!"

She yells back. "Don't get mad at me! You're the one who handed me over to your father and his gross friends, don't expect me to just trust you."

"Viva, you have to. I'm trusting you to not run off when we go outside."

She drops the ice pack onto her lap. "I'm just afraid that-"

I cut her off. "You're afraid. Okay. Well, you know what, I am too. Think about it, Viva. You have NO idea how serious of a deal it is, me going against this order, hiding you away. My father leads a gang with hundreds of members. Hiding from him means running from those hundreds of members. Saving you means search parties. It means death, if you're caught. Do you think that the two of us against them is enough? It's not. Getting away with this would be against the odds. Running away right now means changing everything. Everything. I'm scared to risk that, alright? But I'm doing it. I'm trying to keep you safe. And I need you to trust me. Okay?"