Run Now

I'm doing this story for fun, gonna see how it goes, I'll continue it if people seem to like it. :) enjoy, and if you haven't already, go on and read my other story, Enemies With Benefits!!

_____________________________________________

I slid open my bedroom window, letting myself drop down six feet to land on the ground without a sound. Looking around and finding myself alone, I quickly walked down the alley. I pulled my phone from my back pocket, checking the time. It was eleven at night. I had a message from Mike, my, for lack of a better word, boss.

'It's the third house on the right of Pine Street. Try to get information. Don't be seen. Bring gun.'

My handgun was safely wedged in it's place in my black boot, and I had also brought my smallest dagger, which was tucked away at my hip, like always. Tonight my assignment was simple and basic; Find the house we're targetting, eavesdrop, and get out once I've heard info we need, all without being seen. There was a dangerous gang, sly too, since we had to put in a little extra effort to find out their address and the fact that they were having a meeting tonight. I'm part of what we call an illegal Agency. We aren't at all involved with the goverment, therefore making everything me and the other members do a crime. Including what I'm about to do; break into a house, and if something goes wrong, possibly assault more than one person.

Unlike other members, I worked solo. The others usually are always in teams of at least two, with the exception of me since I've had training since I was little. I worked alone. Really, though, I liked it this way. I can do everything my way since there's nobody to plan with.

The streets were mostly empty tonight, no surprise there. It wasn't very safe at night here, especially with nearby gang, so not many people were taking a night-time stroll like I was. After about twenty minutes of walking, I found the house I was looking for. It was a small, beige house with a dried out lawn and a rusty truck in the driveway. Listening carefully, I ran soundlessly across the lawn, pressing my back against the wall of the house. Right by my head, a window was cracked open. Peering inside, I saw that it was a bedroom window. An empty bedroom. Well, that was easy. I slid the window open. It was a tight squeeze, but with my small figure, I was able to pull myslef in. That was one of the requirements for the young girls in the Agency; you gotta be thin, so that you can easily slip in and out of places, and you have to be light, so you're landings are quiet. There's not a single girl in the Agency past size two pants.

Looking around, I saw that the bedroom looked surprisingly normal. It was a boy's room, with a twin bed and band posters covering the walls. The door was wide open, leading into a dark hallway. My heart picked up, the familiar feeling of adrenaline rushing in. I quietly and slowly went down the hall, and heard voices coming from another open door, probably leading to the living room. I quickly took a peek, seeing around four men standing in a circle, talking. I held my breath, and dropped down to a crouch, sliding into the room and behind a couch. Listening, I heard them still talking busily, so they hadn't seen or heard me. I sat there, eavesdropping. I heard a low, scratchy voice say, "Bill doesn't trust them enough for them to handle the drugs. Something to do with Rick getting arrested...but now we handle it."

"On top of distracting the cops?" A new voice, sounding much younger, spoke up.

"Shut up." The first voice snapped. "That's your job. You need to keep the cops off of Bill's tail by causing trouble around here. We'll handle the new deal."

"Well I'm tired of that shit. Do you know how close I got to being arrested the other day? And before, I got stabbed in the leg. Why can't he handle himself?"

"Bill's in charge of you, kid. You agreed to this, now you stick to your word and do whatever he fucking tells you."

"Fine, how about you try going out every night and getting chased by the police? I'll sell the drugs. I'll drive them down to Harry's place."