The Alpha And His Mate chapter 1

Chapter 1

Becca's P.O.V

---- the cover right now is how I picture what Becca looks like, but you can picture whoever you want. ----

Edited

"Yes, mom. I have everything I need for tomorrow." I said as I laid out my outfit for school tomorrow.

I had just moved into my new apartment during Christmas break and tonight was the end of the break. I had finished unpacking all of my things and was getting ready for bed until my mom called.

"Now sweetie, don't forget your papers and make sure you go to the schools office right away." My mom said. Worry coating her voice.

This was the first time I had left the house since my parents divorce. My mom really didn't like the idea of me living on my own and not even out of high school yet. She said and I quote 'it isn't safe for a pretty and sweet girl like you to be alone'. Lets just say it took a ton of convincing to get my own apartment.

My dad said that he would cover the rent until I was out of high school and when I got a job. He also got me a brand new shiny black dodge ram truck for my 17th birthday. I like to call it my baby since its my most prized possession.

The one down side to getting my own apartment is that there wasn't one apartment close to my old school. It's been really hard leaving my friends, especially James.

He's been there for me multiple times. He was there helping me out when my parents got divorced, when my ex-boyfriend cheated on me, and whenever I was having a bad day. He's kinda like your knight in shining armor. My other friends kept telling me that he's the one that I'll end up falling in love with. I did have a crush on him, but I know that he probably doesn't like me. I mean he's got those deep brown eyes and deep brown hair. He's not too muscly, and not too skinny. He's the perfect in between.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard my mom asking me something that I didn't quite hear.

"Alright, baby?" She asked.

"Sorry, what'd you say again?" I asked feeling bad for zoning out on her.

She sighed. "I said don't forget to call me after school tomorrow. I want to know if everything goes alright." She said with worry etched into her voice. I knew she was scared and worried for me.

"Alright, I won't forget mom. I'm going to go to bed now. I want to wake up refreshed tomorrow." I said as I pulled back my covers.

"Okay, sweetheart. But if you need anything I'm just a phone call away. I love you." She said and then hung up.

I got into bed and turned out the lights as I thought about tomorrow. The fear of being in a new school and being around people I had no idea who they were, scared me to death. I wasn't super shy, but having no friends here to help me is a little harder than I would admit. By the time tomorrow would end, I just know my nerves would be shot.

-------------------------

So tell me what you think of this so far. If love to hear what you guys think of this book so far. I know it's not much, but it's my very first book, so I hope you guys like it! Also, I'm doing this from my iPod, so if you guys know how it works then please message me:)

And one more thing if you guys want to make a cover for this book by all means please. I haven't found one that works yet, but if you guys have any ideas and you would like to share then please:)

Anyways, please vote and comment. Thanks!