Chapter 13 - Not the End

"We are all a little broken & that's okay."

"We're fine!" Darcie screamed.

"No you two aren't! You two were attacked yesterday! Darcie, you almost fucking died!" Hunter yelled at the taller girl.

"But she didn't!" Tori shouted.

"There is no way in hell you two should go out today on your own! What if you black out while fighting walkers?" Anthony demanded.

"We'll be fine!" Darcie argued.

"If you're really so scared were in danger, send Kaylie with us. It wouldn't be the first time she went out with us!" Tori suggested.

"She's fucking eight!" Hunter yelled. "What is she going to do?"

"If we're in trouble, she can come get help," Tori suggested.

"Oh yeah. Totally a good idea. By the time someone can come help you guys, you'll already be dead!" Anthony exclaimed.

"So why don't you tag along?" Tori asked.

"What?" Hunter, Darcie, and Anthony asked the curly haired female.

Tori stood there looking completely innocent. Like what she said didn't just confuse three people and piss off one of them.

"All I'm saying is Anthony could be more help in any situation than Kaylie because he's older. Plus, everyone in the group has had time to talk to Anthony and get to know him. Darcie and I are the only two who haven't had a full conversation with him. Maybe this is a chance to make a new connection," she explained.

"Fine. But if he comes, bring Kaylie along to amuse him," Darcie growled.

"Darcie, that's not the point. Taking him is a safety net and we can finally-"

"I'll go tell Dawson we're borrowing his partner for the day," she interrupted before leaving the room to go find the blonde.

Tori ran her fingers through her hair.

"For fuck sakes," she growled.

"Since when do you swear?" Hunter asked.

"I always swear. You've never heard me?"

"Never."

Tori raised an eyebrow.

"Is the only one I swear around Darcie?"

Speaking of Darcie, she came back into the room.

"Darcie, do I swear?" Tori immediately asked.

"All the time. Why?" Darcie questioned.

"Proving a point."

"Well everyone pack up so we can go. Im ready to get on the road," Darcie instructed.

"So where-"

Anthony was cut off by all three girls shushing him. He had no idea where the girls were leading him. Darcie and Tori were walking ahead of the other two and talking in hushed tones. Kaylie and Anthony stayed silent because it was pretty clear the two of older girls were not in a good mood. Kaylie suddenly stumbled and almost fell. Darcie and Tori stopped and looked back at the little girl.

"Kaylie, you okay?" Tori asked cautiously.

"Fine," Kaylie lied.

"Why don't we take a break?" Darcie suggested.

"No. I'm fine," Kaylie persisted.

Tori picked Kaylie up and they went into the nearest building. It happened to be a library.