Chapter 3 - Victoria "Tori" Foster

"Closing your eyes doesn't stop the world. It adds to the darkness. In order to save yourself, you have to find yourself first."

*Nine years earlier; One year into the apocalypse*

Victoria brushed her long, very curly caramel coloured hair back. Her hazel eyes scanned her surrounding. She looked at her sun kissed skin. She wore scars from being attacked by everything except walkers.

"Victoria?" a British voice asked.

Victoria turned. She saw her step sister standing there. Her sister was a brunette with brown eyes. Another person appeared. It was her older step brother. He had curly brown hair and green eyes.

"What, Danielle?" Victoria asked.

"You ran off. Talon and I were concerned. Are you okay?" Danielle asked.

"I'm fine. I was just thinking," Victoria stated.

"About what? Victoria, if something is bugging you, you know you can tell me, right?"

"I know, Danielle. Just, my mind is racing. What if we don't make it?"

"Victoria, you're six. You shouldn't be thinking like that. We're going to make it."

"Are we? Are we really?" A deeper British voice asked.

"Shut up, Talon! Stop scaring the child!" Danielle yelled at her older brother.

Talon stuck his tongue out at his sister. She rolled her eyes.

"Wow. You are way more immature Victoria and she's six. Grow up you idiot," Danielle growled at Talon.

Talon smirked at Danielle.

"Love you Dani," Talon laughed.

He disappeared into the trees. Danielle turned back to Victoria just as they heard Talon scream. They turned back to him.

"Talon?" Danielle yelled.

"Run! Horde!" Talon screamed.

"Talon! Run! Hurry!" Danielle yelled.

"I can't! One bit-"

Talon was cut off. Danielle picked Victoria up.

"Talon?" Danielle yelled.

"Tally?" Victoria yelled.

Suddenly, a zombie crashed through the trees leading the horde. Danielle recognized the zombie and quickly turned and sprinted. Victoria looked over Danielle's shoulder to see Talon had turned into a zombie. Suddenly, Danielle crashed to the ground slamming Victoria onto her back.

"Danielle?" Victoria asked.

Danielle had already pushed herself into a sitting position. She was grasping her ankle and breathing heavy.

"Dani? Are you okay?" Victoria asked.

Danielle looked up into Victoria's sweet, innocent hazel eyes and bit her lip. She could tell her step sister that she had just twisted her ankle.

"Run," Danielle instructed.

"What?"

"Run, Victoria. Don't look back. Live for yourself, me, and Talon," she stated.

"Dani, what's going on?"

"Run!" Danielle screamed at the six year old.

Victoria backed up looking more scared of her sister than ever. She turned and ran as fast as she could. She stopped when she saw a tree she could easily climb. She grabbed the lowest branches and pulled herself up. She looked down to see the zombies devouring Danielle.