Chapter 18 - Blood and Trust

"We all live and learn as we go, the hard part is figuring out what's worth holding on to, and what is better off left behind." - Unknown

The ceiling was more appealing than anything else in the room.

"Darcie?"

It was Hunter that time. If Travis, Dawson, Leo, Kaylie, and Levi couldn't get her to leave the room, what chance did he stand?

"Darcie, you need to talk to us. You aren't the only one hurting."

She tried. She really did. However, she felt like the boys turned on her. They went all hush hush and seemed to be excluding her from group matters.

"Darcie? Are you even still alive in there?"

Still no response. There was no way for the group to get in. She locked the door and pulled the blinds shut on her window. She slid over and drew the blinds, looking to see if she could see any of the boys before she pushed her torso out.

"Please, Darcie. Don't shut us out like this."

She glared at the door and pushed her body the rest of the way out and then climbed onto the roof of the house and laid on her stomach.

"Darcie?" Hunter screamed out the window.

Darcie raised her head up off her arms. How the hell did Hunter get into her-

He broke the door. Maybe picked the lock but it's more likely he broke the door. Hunter climbed to the roof.

"Hi," he said simply.

"Go away Hunter," Darcie said.

She sat up and turned so her back was facing the shorter teen. Hunter shook his head.

"All of us are affected by this Darcie. Not just you. You were best friends with her, but Kaylie lost a sister, Leo lost a best friend too and we all lost a family member."

"I'm not stupid, Hunter. I know we all lost someone yesterday."

She stood up and jumped off the side of the roof and walked to the edge of the property. She went to jump the fence when two arms wrapped around her waist.

"You aren't leaving the property in the state you're in Darcie," Hunter said.

"What the fuck does that mean?!" Darcie asked, pissed off.

"It means that you aren't going into the fucking woods! I won't let you go out and kill yourself!"

"What the fuck, Hunter? Is that really what you think? First of all, I'm unarmed. It's pretty hard to kill yourself with nothing. Secondly, I could never take my own life. I can barely take the life of a another survivor. Walkers are easy because they're already dead. Everyone and everything else is almost impossible for me to kill and not feel guilty."

That's how you people are. Can't kill without feeling guilt, Hunter thought.

Hunter set Darcie on the ground.

"It's what humans do. They know someone and grow close to them. Then when that person dies they feel guilt. I'm not normal. I can kill without feeling guilt. That group of people that hurt Travis, I killed all of them."

Darcie wasn't going to listen to Hunter so she got up to left.

"He doesn't understand. None of them do. They don't realize what's it like to need to end the life of someone who's left a major impact on yours," she mumbled to herself as she walked away from the farm house.

She reached the boutique where she lost Tori and slipped underneath the door. She put a hand on the door to the back storage room. She hesitated but pushed the door open. She looked though the group of dead walkers until she saw Tori's body laying there exactly how she left her. She sat down beside her best friend.