Chapter Fifteen

As Nialls due date quickly approaches, Zayn moves them into the downstairs bedroom so when it's time, they don't have to deal with the stairs like they did last time. They have Harry and Louis on speed dial and the bags were packed.

Currently, Niall is up and biting his finger nails as he contemplates whether or not to wake Zayn up. He's been getting some Braxton Hicks, but they really hurt now and it isn't sure if its the real deal. He's a day over his due date and its warm outside. He's been getting stupid as fuck hot flashes and the blankets end up off the bed and on the floor. Zayn would get mad, but he basically refuses to punish Niall this far along, even when he's been terribly bad, curses, shit like that.

He needs some pain medication, but he's afraid he'll fall down if he goes to get it. He sighs and blinks over at Zayn, deciding on sleep. He snuggles into the pillow and rubs his thumb over his Dominants arm before falling asleep.

When he wakes up, the sun is filtering through the high window and the bed is empty and cold. Niall whimpers at a painfully hard BH and spots a note on Zayn's pillow.

Written in Zayn's messy script is :

Babe,

I took the kittens to the park so they wouldn't wake you up. You looked so peaceful. See you later, Sweetheart.

-Z-

Niall groans and breathes through another BH, it dawns on him that these arent false contractions. He grabs his phone and calls Zayn.

"Hi, baby. Did you sleep well?" Zayn asks when he accepts the call. He's sitting on the side of the sandbox with Elaina playing with his stubble from her perch on his lap as he watches Darcy and Kyle play in the sand.

Niall bites his lip. "Sir..."

"Yes, kitten?" Zayn frowns, furrowing his eyebrows and sitting Elaina in the box and pursing his lips. "Baby, what's wrong?"

Niall lets out a shaky breath as he swings his legs over the side of the bed, feeling intense pressure on the underside of his stomach. He rubs his bump and whines, his ears flicking. "Daddy, I uh - I'm - ow!" The pressure is gone with a swoosh of water and a sledge hammer of pain. Niall cries out, crying softly into the phone. "Daddy! My water broke! It hurts!"

Zayn's eyes widen as he grabs the a kids and leads them to the car as they protest and whine. "Okay, babe, please just calm down. I'll be right there and it'll be fine. Should I drop the kids at Harry's or just come straight home?"

Niall cries out again. "P-please come home. I need you."

Zayn nods. "Yes, yes, pet. I'll call Lou and Harry and get them to come over and wait with you. I'll be ten minutes, tops."

Niall nods, sobbing. "Please hurry."

Zayn promises that he will before hanging up and gathering the kids into the car, strapping them in and doing as he promised, texting Harry.

Z: ni's in labour. Can you head over and comfort him before I get there?

H: sure, anything. We'll be right over

Z: thanks man

Harry locks his phone and leaves the bedroom swiftly, going to the den, where he hears giggles and whispering. He sees Louis looking around the room, obviously frazzled as he looks under snickering, laughing furniture.

"Babe, we gotta go. Niall's in labour and Zayn isn't home. He's heading there, but we gotta go to him to help him," Harry grabs his attention. Louis' eyes light up.