Chapter 39

It's December... December means Christmas.

"Christmas is just around the corner," Siwon said.

"That means we have to buy presents!" Sungmin sang excitedly.

"Hey, Christmas isn't all about the presents!" Siwon bopped him in the head. "We're celebrating the birthday of Jesus Christ!"

Of course, Siwon would be the one to say that. He gotta let everyone know!

But wait... That means I have to buy everyone presents. And there's like thirteen of them? Including Manager Junghoon and excluding Kangin. Oh, we need to send stuff to Kangin too! He's in the army but he's still a part of Super Junior and also a part of the family.

Gee, this is gonna hurt my wallet. And Heechul is only 15 days away from my paycheck. So if he gets that, I'm gonna be broke for a whole two weeks... Possibly for a whole month! How am I gonna buy food to keep myself alive after this?

Zhou Mi nudged me, making that face... The "let's-go-shopping" face.

I let out a soft laugh and smiled, letting him know that I got the message.

"HEY! Don't we need a Christmas tree?" Sungmin pointed out.

"Oh yeah, we do!" Leeteuk agreed. "I got a message earlier saying that they have Christmas trees down in the lobby for everyone to pick up."

"Okay, after the tree," Zhou Mi whispers.

"We can go pick it up right now," Leeteuk suggested.

Just as the words came out of his mouth, Donghae and Eunhyuk came in with one giant box and a three smaller ones.

"Guess what we just picked up?" Eunhyuk dragged the big box into the dorm.

"The Christmas tree!" Leeteuk and Sungmin ran over to them.

"YOU GUYS, THE CHRISTMAS TREE IS HERE!!" Donghae screamed down the hall.

Everyone rushed out as if they had never seen a Christmas tree in their life. Eunhyuk started cutting the tape on the box to reveal the tree. It was the traditional green tree. In the other boxes were blue and silver ornaments and tinsel.

"Let's get it built right now!" Sungmin exclaimed. "Let's go, let's go, let's go!"

The unpacking started and before even blinked, they already had the tree set up with everyone bending a branch to make the tree thicker. With twelve people, that tree was brought to life in less than five minutes. We all got to decorate the tree together.

"You can't have two blue balls too close to each other!" Ryeowook took one of the balls off.

There was a shattering sound on the other side of the tree. We all peeked around to see one of the ornaments broken into a million pieces. The person guilty of breaking it?

"Oops," Sungmin squeaked. He was tangled in the silver tinsel that was supposed to go around the tree. He attempted to wiggle out of it, but the situation only got messier.

"Where's the star, guys?" Leeteuk looked in the boxes.

The guys looked around, but there was only pieces of the broken ornament and shredded tinsel on the floor.

"There's no star! How could they give us a tree without a star?" Donghae panicked.

"Who needs a star?" Heechul scoffed. "I'm a star. Just put me up in the tree," he said sarcastically.

"We gotta buy a star when we go shopping," Zhou Mi whispered.

"Right."